Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless problems - how can i diagnose?

Options
  • 01-01-2012 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

i have a wireless router from upc (thompson). every now and aagin it seems to just drop off in terms of reliability on my mobile devices and stuff. is there anything i can get to install on my laptop to test the wireless connection to monitor it for a day or something and see when it performs poorly etc?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Random wrote: »
    i have a wireless router from upc (thompson). every now and aagin it seems to just drop off in terms of reliability on my mobile devices and stuff. is there anything i can get to install on my laptop to test the wireless connection to monitor it for a day or something and see when it performs poorly etc?

thanks

I have the same problem with a Cisco epc2425 also from UPC. It has only started happening in the past day or 2. Have you had any luck with it? When I restart the router it fixes the issues and the wireless devices connect again.

I reset the router to the factory default settings and it happened again. Anyone have any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

sometimes disconnecting from the router on the wireless device and back on again sorts things out. my problems are experienced on a laptop, iphone and android. i have no problems on my pc (connected via cable) so its got to be wireless?

ive tried different channels without success.

we do have a cordless phone but im not sure how to check if thats interfering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Random wrote: »
    sometimes disconnecting from the router on the wireless device and back on again sorts things out. my problems are experienced on a laptop, iphone and android. i have no problems on my pc (connected via cable) so its got to be wireless?

ive tried different channels without success.

we do have a cordless phone but im not sure how to check if thats interfering.

I have my PC wired to the router and also have no problems. Its only laptops PS3 and phones. I have a different router tho, I am going to call UPC tomorrow and see what they can do, i haven't changed anything in my set up, I have no new devices that can be interfering with it.

Advertisement