Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAB Radio delay.

Options
  • 01-01-2012 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭

My parents recently bought a couple of DAB radios and put them in different rooms. In my parents house, the radio is nearly always left on. Anyway, as one walks from room to room, it is apparent that the amount of delay experienced by the two DAB radios is different, if on is halfway between the two radios, there's about a 2 second difference between them.

Now, I know that a slight delay is a feature of DAB, but I thought both receivers would have the same delay.

Any explanation, or any fix, please?

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,064 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

According to these people different makes of DAB radios use different decoders with different time delays. Are your radios the same make?

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=562214

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

...Are your radios the same make?

Absolutely identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's inherent in the obsolete technology. However newer better Digital Radio has the same problem.

According to conditions all Digital video and Audio systems vary the delay.

[......buffering.....]

Listen on LW/MW/SW AM or VHF-FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

With DAB (or even analouge stations using buffered digital STL's) broadcasting time signals (as in the beeps before the news) has become somewhat pointless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

I have 2 dab radios also and a while back I noticed the 2 second delay between rooms, The first radio was actually playing on FM and dab follows about 2 seconds later on the other radio. If they are both on dab the is no time difference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement