Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new psu needed

Options
  • 01-01-2012 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

thinking of swaping my xfx pro 750 watt and 560ti 2gb for a hd6970 so i need to buy a new psu. anyone know any decent cheap ones on komplett or anything? thinking of going crossfire 6970s in a few months so if i do it needs to be 800-+ watt?

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

750 watts is plenty for cf 6970! The system on max load with cf 6970s doesn't go over 570 watts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

really? i got told 750 was the minimum id need for sli 560s :)

darego wrote: »
    really? i got told 750 was the minimum id need for sli 560s :)
    Most people say that as they're are a lot of very poor quality PSUs out there that couldn't deliver up to 500, let alone nearly 750 watts! The xfx core PSUs are very high quality so there would be absolutely no problems there whatsoever.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/750w-psu-alpine-alpine-750w-quiet-fan-atx-v203
    that's a 750 watt PSUfor under 30 euro. See what I mean? that wouldn't get anywhere near 750 watts, well neither do top brands (80% is good) but that is just dangerous.

aha kay man cool. do you know of any nice deals on a decent one that will handle cf 6970s? because i'll be giving my xfx pro with my gpu for his 6970. id have around 80 or 90 quid

This one!:D
    seriously, for the money it is one of the best PSUs out there! About 100 euro delivered.

• Advertisement

this is the exact one i will be trading with this guy so ill be trading one and buying another haha cheers!

Advertisement