Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 Call speaker

• 01-01-2012 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28

howya lads,

Have the iphone4 since August 2010. The call speaker just stopped working today for some reason. Anyone know if this is a common problem? Will i have to send it to apple for repair? Also, how long is the warranty on them?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

hjoeboy wrote: »
    howya lads,

Have the iphone4 since August 2010. The call speaker just stopped working today for some reason. Anyone know if this is a common problem? Will i have to send it to apple for repair? Also, how long is the warranty on them?

Thanks!

Warranty is 12 months from day of purchased unless you have apple care bought separate.

What part of the country are you in?someone could recommend a repair shop.
    Or go to www.apple.ie and ask for a price on a repair.

My loud speaker went before on the iPhone 4 sent it back to apple as it was under warranty,but have not heard about the ear speaker giving trouble.Hope that's helps some what!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 hjoeboy

Im in the midlands!

I rang Apple today and they basically said I could pay 35euro to talk with someone or pay 160euro to post it to them and they will fix it. This seems vary dear?! I guess its going to cost me as my warranty is up!

Any one know any decent repair shops in the midlands or Dublin??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

yeah my ear speaker on my iphone 4 is constantly giving trouble...sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.. very annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I've had this problem on an iphone4 too. Problem comes and goes. Bit of googling shows it's a common enough problem, due to the headphone socket being dodgy. I've noticed mine happens after I've had headphones or speakers plugged in. It stops working for a couple of weeks then at some point starts again. Probably after I've had headphones plugged in again but I've never spotted exactly what causes it to fail then sort itself.

The really annoying this is that for both times it's happened, by the time I considered sending it off to apple, it fixed itself. So now I have a phone that I know has an intermittent problem that only has a couple of months warranty left but is currently fine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

BigMoose wrote: »
    I've had this problem on an iphone4 too. Problem comes and goes. Bit of googling shows it's a common enough problem, due to the headphone socket being dodgy. I've noticed mine happens after I've had headphones or speakers plugged in. It stops working for a couple of weeks then at some point starts again. Probably after I've had headphones plugged in again but I've never spotted exactly what causes it to fail then sort itself.

The really annoying this is that for both times it's happened, by the time I considered sending it off to apple, it fixed itself. So now I have a phone that I know has an intermittent problem that only has a couple of months warranty left but is currently fine...
    Couldn't have wrote that better myself... Exactly what happens with mine word for word

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 hjoeboy

my problem is fairly consistent :(

I have a repair box on the way from Apple now anyway so I'll send it off and see what happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Did ye lads gt sorted same problem here
    I'm in midlands also
    How can I fix it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I never managed to get any further working out when/why it happens or what fixes it. However mine hasn't done it recently, probably for several (9+) months now. So I dont know if a recent software update fixed it and it wasn't the physical headphone socket or if I've just been lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

BigMoose wrote: »
    I never managed to get any further working out when/why it happens or what fixes it. However mine hasn't done it recently, probably for several (9+) months now. So I dont know if a recent software update fixed it and it wasn't the physical headphone socket or if I've just been lucky.

thanks moose, went in a repair man today..he said i should i back-up all my phone stuff to my itunes on my laptop and reset the phone settings. he said see if that makes a difference. if it doesnt he said its probably the microphone which he can fix
    im useless at itunes, is it easy to back up the stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Sorry for dragging up this old thread but my Iphone 4S suddenly stopped working through the speaker in the middle of a call.

It then worked intermittently for a while but now doesn't work at all. Alarms. ringers, tones, music do not work.

Sent it to a local guy for repair who put in a new speaker unit and checked earphone jack but it still did not work.

Online fora suggested the complete restore as mentioned above but that didn't work either.

It is out of warranty but works fine otherwise!

There was another suggestion that non Apple 30 pin connectors caused the issue but the repair gut told me the socket was working perfectly!

Anyone else have any experience, ideas??

• Advertisement
Advertisement