Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hip-Hop 2012

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Quality album.:cool:
    Oddisee--People Hear What They See

http://mellomusicgroup.bandcamp.com/album/people-hear-what-they-see

This album is excellent, I had high expectations for this as I think that Oddisee is an outstanding producer.

It's surpassed my expectations as the production is exquisite, and the rapping is also really excellent for a guy who is primarily a beat maker.

......and that is all after one listen.

I will be listening to this a few more times.....but my instinct tells me this could be my album of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

FTR. I am a Lil Wayne fan but only pre-Nov 09. The last quality piece of work he put out was the No Ceilings mixtape. Since then only the very occasional track gets in my playlist.
    "Right above it" feat Drake it for example

hold up now, you criticised modern hip hop in general and said the majority of it is bad, but you're saying lil wayne is good. he's probably as bad as modern hip hop gets to be honest.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Joey Bada$$ - 1999 -> http://bit.ly/OlXuNM

538520_366478900074028_1608326866_n.jpg

This mixtape was released yesterday and is pretty darn tooting good.

It's been a busy day of new music for me today. 3 albums i've been waiting on become available. This is the 3rd one, B.Dolan Hose of Bees Vol II

http://bdolan.bandcamp.com/

Excellent album/mixtape. It's been a good day.

I havent a clue who these lads are but they're using my favourite Pete Rock instrumental and the hook is fairly good. The rapping is decent, one of the lads sounds slightly like drake, but has a deeper voice. I'm gonna do a bit of reading up on this lot to see where they're from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.20082/title.blu-exile-to-officially-release-give-me-my-flowers-while-i-can-still-smell-them

Blu and Exile are releasing an EP next month. Then in September they're putting out their album. There was a stream released at Christmas but it hadn't been mastered. This time it'll have more features and other songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

50 announced his new album is to be called F.I.V.E (murder with numbers) says its coming with or without label support on july 3rd.

bit strange, doesnt even have a single out or anything.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.20078/title.50-cent-announces-fifth-album-title
    50 Cent has revealed the title of his oft-delayed fifth album.

During an interview with Hot 107.9 Philly (via HHNM), the G-Unit general revealed that the title of his LP will be Five (Murder by Numbers). "@50cent has a new album dropping July 3rd called Five (Murder by Numbers). Make sure you go and get that," tweeted the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania radio station.

Last month, Fif said he was going to release the project on July 3rd with or without his label's support. "There’s a lot more business involved [in putting out an album] than the general public is aware of. And that part causes the actual delay with [Interscope]. I’m releasing my album July 3rd, whether is has commercial promotions or not,” he said. “My birthday is July 6 and I planned for it. And I’m doing everything that I planned to do regardless if its huge airplay or not. I could care less, I’m putting the record out.”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

50 announced his new album is to be called F.I.V.E (murder with numbers) says its coming with or without label support on july 3rd.

bit strange, doesnt even have a single out or anything.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.20078/title.50-cent-announces-fifth-album-title

Not a great name for an album. :D
    f2708.jpg

nice one from tito lopez, you might remember him from this epic freestyle for dre last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

last years but very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Not a great name for an album. :D
    [/IMG]

Come on, them boys can spit!

"Ayo, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
    Im on the microphone got ya hot like the sun
    So 1, 2, 3 now Im waitin on the 4
    Kick down the door and turn it up a little more"

Bow down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

http://vimeo.com/39683717

Trailer for the upcoming Astronautalis documentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Slaughterhouse's new "My Life" music video, they just seem to be having fun and well Em really is taking the píss at the start:pac:

Slaughterhouse's new "My Life" music video, they just seem to be having fun and well Em really is taking the píss at the start:pac:

Crooked and Royce are the best rappers in Slaughter house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Just got Habits & Contradictions by Schoolboy Q.

Give it a listen later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

New Nas track from Life is Good featuring Rick Ross

not really liking that new nas track and its nothing to do with the ross ft, still cant wait for the album though.

nice track released today, this must be the one wiz reached out to 50 for on twitter a few weeks back. loving the flow and beat they both go hand in hand very well.

wiz ft 50.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Just got Habits & Contradictions by Schoolboy Q.

Give it a listen later.

What did you think? I thoiught it was OK, but it's bad news when the highlight of your album is Kendrick Lemar. same goes for the AB Soul record.

I need to listen to them more, but they jumped down the pecking order when I got Joey Bada$$, B.Dolan and Oddisee's new albums.

Mr Mutha****in eXquire is dropping his first label EP in September called Power and Passion EP.
    This will be awesome.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    What did you think? I thoiught it was OK, but it's bad news when the highlight of your album is Kendrick Lemar. same goes for the AB Soul record.

I need to listen to them more, but they jumped down the pecking order when I got Joey Bada$$, B.Dolan and Oddisee's new albums.

Started off promising but the quantity outweighed the quality. Is it bad? no. Is it great? no. It's forgettable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Nas picked Azealia, asap, meek millz, drake and weezy? Odd, reverse of DMX then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Nas picked Azealia, asap, meek millz, drake and weezy? Odd, reverse of DMX then.

What's odd is that all of those artists have recently released better mixtapes/albums than X's 'Weigh In' mixtape.

I did not compare them to DMX, DMX just said recently he would not work with some of them whereas Nas would.

Congratulations to them on being able to release better material than someone just out of jail (and has several other issues) though. Also weigh in was better than California Republic if we want to compare rappers releases for no reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

How is that bad news? Kendrick Lamar is by far the best MC out there right now, he is the highlight of any album.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    What's odd is that all of those artists have recently released better mixtapes/albums than X's 'Weigh In' mixtape.

The weigh in mixtape was shockingly bad, but no matter how bad that piece of music was Azealia, asap, meek millz, drake and weezy do not compare to X. Especially drake. He's the complete opposite of X in every way.

Nas said the same thing to Rapup.com. He really wants to Work with Azelia Banks and Meek Millz. Banks could even be a co sign to Nas. Millz is already signed with Rick Ross at MMG so Nas is talking about a feature or doing a track together

I did not compare them to DMX, DMX just said recently he would not work with some of them whereas Nas would.
    Who said you did compare them??
    Congratulations to them on being able to release better material than someone just out of jail (and has several other issues) though. Also weigh in was better than California Republic if we want to compare rappers releases for no reason.
    What's all this about? What does Game have to do with any of this? You trying to get a rise or something?

Nas mentioned all of these artists that DMX said he wouldn't work with. I just thought it was ironic, that's all. X was just being a mouth anyway. He used to be good but now he's just a washed up muppet, hasn't released a decent track in years.

You compared them to DMX, I compared back along with Game who had an equally crap last mixtape.

• Advertisement

You compared them to DMX, I compared back along with Game who had an equally crap last mixtape.

Why Game? Odd comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Adrian Lau and Eddie B - "Sunday"

Another quality Harry Fraud production

Why Game? Odd comparison.

He had the worst mixtape of late of the "bigger" artists out atm.

Pretty good for someone who usually spits garbage. I liked this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Great song again from Gibbs and Madlib. The only thing that I don't like about their EPs is that Gibbs appears on about 2 of the tracks and the rest is mainly Madlib's beats. Nothing wrong with that at all but I'd love to hear Freddie rapping over them. Probably only teasing us for their album. The sooner that gets released the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭HATCHET IRL

Mr Mutha****in eXquire is dropping his first label EP in September called Power and Passion EP.
    This will be awesome.

cant wait, still listenin to lost in translation.. really wish exquire and el-p do something together in the future, think they really compliment each other

cant wait, still listenin to lost in translation.. really wish exquire and el-p do something together in the future, think they really compliment each other

I reckon that there will be some production from el producto on the EP, and probably a verse. I also think they bring out the best in each other.

Can I also remind people that this is the thread for releases this year, not comparing artists or mix tapes from the past.

banger from gibbs, bj the chicago kid is one to watch out for, collabs with black hippy a lot, he's on section 80 too.

here's a new one from a fella called dom kennedy ft lamar... does anyone recognize the sample in this song? the piano keys in the backround... sounds so familiar !!

• Advertisement

Freddie Gibbs has reached out to Nas and Jigga on Twitter. He's looking for a collab for his project with Madlib. I've been looking forward to this album for months now but if either of them get on it, especially Jay, it could be brilliant. Everything he touches turns gold in a commercial sense these days. Could be the break-through that Freddie needs and deserves.
    Freddie Gibbs ‏@FreddieGibbs
    I got a song for @Nas ready to go if he wanna **** wit it.
    Freddie Gibbs ‏@FreddieGibbs
    I wonder if @S_C_ will shoot me a verse for this Madlib ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭LimerickSports

i have a feeling the new english Smiley will make it big in the future. Check out his songs.

this song really has me buzzin for the new album, great song from his last mixtape the lost tapes. I think 50 is using his mixtapes for promo like he did before grodt, he really must be because the album is 2 weeks away and he still doesnt have a single.

watch the henchmen trial see a rat, rat on a rat.

Rick Ross is some mess.

Rick Ross is some mess.

hahahahahahahahaha :D post of the year so far for me, it's funny because it's true.

• Advertisement

Rick Ross is some mess.

hottest mc in the game bro.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I dunno how big on underground ye all are...I'm only here since today but did anyone check out Wordsworth's new album? Hve it on the ipod just haven't gotten around to listening...the leaked tracks were dope so I'm expecting a good album..

*hopes people have heard of Words and Mirror Music* :P

TheComeUp wrote: »
    I dunno how big on underground ye all are...I'm only here since today but did anyone check out Wordsworth's new album? Hve it on the ipod just haven't gotten around to listening...the leaked tracks were dope so I'm expecting a good album..

*hopes people have heard of Words and Mirror Music* :P

I havent realy listened to Words for a long time, I thought that he really went off the boil following such strong initial appearances with Punchline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Yeah I can feel you on that but I love Words...seriously I play the ish outta Mirror Music...Joy & Pain is from the new album....it's pretty good. Nice to see someone up on Words tho...

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Yeah I can feel you on that but I love Words...seriously I play the ish outta Mirror Music...Joy & Pain is from the new album....it's pretty good. Nice to see someone up on Words tho...

I think that I gave Mirror Music a spin a few years back but didnt really grab my attention. I'll try to check out the new one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement