Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermal paste with oem cpu?

Options
  • 01-01-2012 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just ordered an oem cpu but panicking now as there may be no thermal paste included! :-(

If this the case? If so, is there anywhere in Dub that sells it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

i got some in pc world ,not the cheapest place ,but if your stuck go there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

py2006 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just ordered an oem psu but panicking now as there may be no thermal paste included! :-(

Is this the case? If so, is there anywhere in Dub that sells it?

Thanks

I'm slightly confused, but I assume you mean CPU not PSU. If thats the case then yes, it won't come with a heatsink or thermal paste. You'll need to have those yourself. However most 3rd party heatsinks will come with thermal paste either in a tube or pre-applied on the heatsink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Thermal paste does come with that cooler, but it isn't great and there are better alternatives. Elara.ie in Dublin do Arctic sliver 5 paste, it's fifteen euro but you have to order online first. Linky.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

oops CPU not PSU!

(Edited original post)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

deconduo wrote: »
    I'm slightly confused, but I assume you mean CPU not PSU. If thats the case then yes, it won't come with a heatsink or thermal paste. You'll need to have those yourself. However most 3rd party heatsinks will come with thermal paste either in a tube or pre-applied on the heatsink.

Ya true, what CPU cooler are you going to buy? My NH-D14 came with thermal paste.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Advertisement