Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on my build

Options
  • 01-01-2012 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

I've reached level 25 and now everyone is creaming me. I'm playing as a mage who dual weilds chain lightning and an axe. Now I find the enemies can kill me in three or four strikes, my axe isn't powerful enough and my mana is constantly low. I spend most battles running in the opposite direction downing potions.

Any tips?

I've been putting all my points in destruction, one handed and restoration.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Spread your wings a little and become a full blown battlemage.

Replace the axe with a Bound Sword and shove all the Conjuration perks for bound weapons on it. It's now a Daedric sword that banishes summoned Daedra and undead.

Use Heavy Armour, carry a shield for the tougher enemies and get spells like Flame Cloak and Fast Healing if you haven't already. For enemies, dual wield the bound swords for large groups of weak enemies, dual wield Destruction magic for strong enemies that are at a distance (like airborne dragons) and a sword and shield with occasional blasts of magic for stronger enemies up close.

There's a spell tome in one of the College quest's dungeons that converts Health into Magicka rapidly. Great for tough enemies if you can grab a bit of cover.

Quest rewards from the College are great for battlemages too.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

What armor do you wear if any? At this stage, you'll need at the very least full perked Light Armor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I read somewhere that conjured weapons are poor but I guess I'm already playing as a battle mage except with real weapons.

I use a combination of light and heavy armour which I found on dungeon raids. I mainly wear mana buffs. I've no skill points put into armour. I haven't gotten that spell tome yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

silvine wrote: »
    I read somewhere that conjured weapons are poor but I guess I'm already playing as a battle mage except with real weapons.

I find the Bound Sword to be quite powerful. Because it's summoned, it has no effect on encumbrance, and once you have all the perks for conjured weapons it banishes summoned Daedra, turns raised Undead and even Soul Traps.

I tried a variety of physical weapons, most enchanted and all sharpened, and I always do better with the Bound Sword. What's better, every blow with it raises your Conjuration as well as your One Handed.

Definitely get a full set of Heavy Armour, improve it and get some perks for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

silvine wrote: »

I use a combination of light and heavy armour which I found on dungeon raids. I mainly wear mana buffs. I've no skill points put into armour. I haven't gotten that spell tome yet.

You don't need a spell tome to put perks into armor. You should decide on either heavy or light armor and at least put a few perk points into the first armor upgrade (which, at max, doubles your armor rating). Really, you can't get through the game without some high rated armor. Maxing out smithing and upgrading the **** out of your armor would help a hell of a lot too - and smithing is easy to get skill points in (youtube it).

• Advertisement
Advertisement