Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Reboot

Options
  • 01-01-2012 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I recently discovered that Marvel reset some of their best titles to zero and i would like to use this opportunity to begin collecting. What is the most cost effective way to start a subscription? I have looked at Marvel.com and the UK equivalent but i am unsure if these are the most cost effective methods.

The main comics i want is Iron Man, Uncanny X-men and Avengers.

Any Advice???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've not paid any attention to Marvel really in a while, so I don't know if they've done a soft reboot or anything (though it would be entirely unsurprising if they've just embarked on yet another "New #1! Perfect jumping-on point for new readers! Though if you're confused by the history that we're not explaining, please buy several hundred euros worth of hardcover collected editions to get yourself caught up!" exercise....). But anyway.

In terms of cost, your best bet is a subscription direct from Marvel. Otherwise, you'll probably need to take out a standing order through either an online shop or your nearest comic shop, which will probably be at full cover price (and that's the full cover price when converted to euro at a rather unfair exchange rate).

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

Like Fysh said, I would go to the nearest Comic book shop, And If You are prepared to commit to a subscription Try to negotiate a discount on the amount You are going to buy, It cant hurt to ask. I wasn't aware of a reboot at Marvel, But they are doing graphic novel reboot ( see the TV adds) and Forbidden Planet Dublin are doing No1 for €3.99, That's the cheapest You will find it any ware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 michal89

Awesome comic story here. keep it up................../

Advertisement