Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

setting up hkc dialler-not gsm

• 01-01-2012 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

hi, i've tried to set up my hkc dtv dialler but can't get it to work. i have a upc modem for my internet plus phone so im not sure if this is the problem, when i tried test call it says invalid phn/acc. any ideas what im doing wrong

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭altor

flantastic wrote: »
    hi, i've tried to set up my hkc dtv dialler but can't get it to work. i have a upc modem for my internet plus phone so im not sure if this is the problem, when i tried test call it says invalid phn/acc. any ideas what im doing wrong

If you go into the Comms menu, yes, scroll to monitoring and voice, yes, scroll to phone options menu, yes, scroll to phone protocols, yes.

In here you need to change phone 1 and 2 to Voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 flantastic

can this dialler also send texts

can this dialler also send texts

Not using UPC. Eircom or Vodafone, yes.

tahnks got it all sorted , appreciate it

tahnks got it all sorted , appreciate it

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

• Advertisement

hi altor, i got my dialler working which is great however it rings me everytime i arm or unset system with the same message. i done a test on it by pressing the panic earlier this week and ever since the dialler rings me about twice a day referring to the panic test. im not sure if i have wrong settings or what the story is with it.if you've any ideas let me know thanks

hi altor, i got my dialler working which is great however it rings me everytime i arm or unset system with the same message. i done a test on it by pressing the panic earlier this week and ever since the dialler rings me about twice a day referring to the panic test. im not sure if i have wrong settings or what the story is with it.if you've any ideas let me know thanks

You must of set it up to report the arm/disarm of the system.
    You need to change what it is reporting to stop it.

When it rings your phone and you hear the message does it not tell you to press 0 to acknowledge the call. This is what makes the dialer hang up and not ring again. Have you set up the voice recording ?

when it rings it says press 0 to confirm that i've received the message which i then press. it's set up for voice also. Even when i go to engineer to change some setting it tends to ring me a while later with the original panic test that i carried out. im gonna try and see what settings i have it at to see if theres any obvious things that i've set wrong

when it rings it says press 0 to confirm that i've received the message which i then press. it's set up for voice also. Even when i go to engineer to change some setting it tends to ring me a while later with the original panic test that i carried out. im gonna try and see what settings i have it at to see if theres any obvious things that i've set wrong

You should default the DTV and start again. To do this go into the modem service menu and scroll to default. Set up your protocol and numbers again.

Advertisement