Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pin-up Tattooist

Options
  • 01-01-2012 9:33pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Some help with this one.

Who would peeps recommend for a pin up in Dublin??

Looking ot get a Pinup on my lower arm in the style of the 1940`s type pin ups.

Its going to be basically Wonderwoman done in that style but I want it to look as close to Linda Carter as I can so I need a realy good artist.

Help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

I went to Darren in colourworks for my last pinup, I'd strongly recommend him.
    And I'm going in again to him on Saturday to get another pinup done, getting it done on my lower arm as well.:)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Kya1976 wrote: »
    I went to Darren in colourworks for my last pinup, I'd strongly recommend him.
    And I'm going in again to him on Saturday to get another pinup done, getting it done on my lower arm as well.:)

Nice one--Ive heard that Darren in there is quite good.Any chance of some pics when you get the new one done??

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Nice one--Ive heard that Darren in there is quite good.Any chance of some pics when you get the new one done??
    He is:) Yea I'll put some up on Saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

rob in snakebite has a big interest in old style pin ups. His wife even does hair / make-up / styling and shoots modern day re-creations. It would be worth dropping in and having a word with him. Great artist and someone with a passion for the theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

Tattoo_gone_bad_ungly_naked_chick_heart_M.jpg

you know its what you want :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

antocann wrote: »

Thats scary.

Heres the exact one I want.In colour--But it has to look exactly like Linda Carter.

Are pinups in general a bit gay(hate that phrase but have to use it here) looking on a bloke though??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Thats scary.

Heres the exact one I want.In colour--But it has to look exactly like Linda Carter.

Are pinups in general a bit gay(hate that phrase but have to use it here) looking on a bloke though??

nah, that tattoo says more that you're into dominatrix. You'll have rough prisoner cell block H type women buying you drink at the bar and challenging you to arm wrestles. :pac:

I don't think they are 'gay' looking at all on blokes. I'd say go for it:)

nah, that tattoo says more that you're into dominatrix. You'll have rough prisoner cell block H type women buying you drink at the bar and challenging you to arm wrestles. :pac:

Im even more scared now.

Ill stick with tribal so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

looks like it will make an interesting piece ,
    im in roscommon and travel to longford to get inked ,
    best thing i can say is pop in to the artists have a chat , and see what they can do :D

also , travel if needs be for better work

• Advertisement

looks like it will make an interesting piece ,
    im in roscommon and travel to longford to get inked ,
    best thing i can say is pop in to the artists have a chat , and see what they can do :D

also , travel if needs be for better work

I was going to wait until June/July when Im back in Spain and get the lad that did my Sugar Skull to do it--he does amazing work--but it was a pain not being able to swim etc the year I got that done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I have had two pin-ups done by Tommy in classic ink, black and grey, will post photos in the next couple of days (am between thirteen hour shifts right now).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Not in the slightest, do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

Tattoo_gone_bad_ungly_naked_chick_heart_M.jpg

Haha I think I know her:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Haha I think I know him:D

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Haha I think I know her:D
    Calm down, theirs one in every town..