Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whisk(e)y Auctions

Options
  • 01-01-2012 9:47pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone used whiskyauction.com or other online auctions for whisk(e)y before? It seems a bit unclear to me as the bids don't say anything about postage and packaging.

Or are there any real world whiskey auctions going on? There's a thread on the Irish Whiskey Society's forum but that hasn't been updated in a while.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

I've used them a lot. Never any problems. You pay postage on top of your winning bid. It's about 21 euro to post to Ireland, with maybe one euro or so per bottle after that.

There's also www.scotchwhiskyauctions.com, which is a new one. Not as quick as whiskyauction when it comes to postage. Also a different fee structure. About £25 to post to Ireland.
    Has anyone used whiskyauction.com or other online auctions for whisk(e)y before? It seems a bit unclear to me as the bids don't say anything about postage and packaging.

Or are there any real world whiskey auctions going on? There's a thread on the Irish Whiskey Society's forum but that hasn't been updated in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Shhh

Www.mctears.co.uk

Mctears in Glasgow have a whiskey auction every couple of months. You can bid by phone or set a maximum bid either online or by phone. You pay extra for postage/courier which can make it quite expensive.

Their next whisky auction is 18 jan..

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

With McTears, I get someone to pick them up for me and post them, as it's very expensive for postage with them, as you say.

There's also Bonhams. I've never used them, though.

http://www.bonhams.com/EUR/whisky/

Advertisement