Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Front panel identification.

Options
  • 01-01-2012 10:49pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just got landed with fixing a family friends Acer Predator (Never got asked should it be bought at all, but anyway thats another story :p). Basically due to a spillage the front usb/io is shot and rather than send it away for a few weeks over such a minor problem I said I'd have a look at it.

Bit of a long shot but does anyone know where if it is possible to easily get a Front USB IO board similar to the one shown on page 65 of the service manual linked below.

No idea if it is a fairly standard piece of kit or not, so any help is greatly appreciated.

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/Manuals/acer/2010/ServiceGuides/SG_Predator_G5900_Book_07262010.pdf

Many thanks gents. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Happy days usb ports are back from the dead must just have needed to dry out fully.

I'll just charge for the labour then, no parts needed (kidding :p).

Advertisement