Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you hated?

• 01-01-2012 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I have work collegues who spit on the ground I walk on, yet dont go out of my way to annoy anyone :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I have work collegues who spit on the ground I walk on.

Jaysus I hope you don't work in a hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

I prefer apples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'm sure its not that bad. And if it is then fúck them, they're only work colleagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

Interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Somewhat.
    Thank this post if you hate me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭omerin

It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

Absolutely. If at least a FEW people don't hate you, you're not living a full life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Somewhat.

Thanks whoring has reached a new level.

:p

omerin wrote: »

Well sure, it's better to be loved for you are though, so it's a ****ty comparison.
    I'm obviously further fueling your burning hate for me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I wasnt popular in one particular job I had because I was new and good at it. I was given more responsibilty over folks that were with the company longer and they didnt much like that.

I was called a brown noser and worse.

I figure its people that dont care what folks think the do well and get into managment.

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »

lol, if I were thanks whoring I'd ask the peoples who likes me to Thank. :cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm sure there are plenty of people where I work who don't like me. Couldn't care less cos plenty of them are cunts anyway

Kiera wrote: »
    I'm sure its not that bad. And if it is then fúck them, they're only work colleagues.

i think this may have caused then problem in the first place ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

why do you care, I find ya have to ignore it and grow a thick skin or youll just spend your time feeling really bad about it.

If you're not doing anything bad to them then its their issue.

Avoid and try not to care.

I am hated like everyone but a few people, well I've literally only been hated by a couple of people who were bullies or had personality disorders.

Disliked or misunderstood would be a more likely story, but I also know the people I like and don't like as well so it doesnt bother me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭Riddle101

IMO, there's always someone who hates you. There's always that one person that seems to dislike you for whatever reason. Whether it be because you simply don't get on with them or they might not like something about you. But sometimes, you can get that person who just has no reason at all. The person just dosen't get you, and dosen't get why everyone else likes you. So yeah I'd say I am hated. There are people who I don't get along with, people who i've had problems with in the past so i'd say they hate me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I don't think so.

Any takers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

irish-stew wrote: »

I prefer super-liminal advertising.

Hey you! thank my post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

kfallon wrote: »
    I'm sure there are plenty of people where I work who don't like me. Couldn't care less cos plenty of them are cunts anyway

OP, look at this dude ^^^^

I'm one of his best mates and i hate the fúcker, so it could be worse.

kfallon wrote: »

+1 (not in the sense that I agree with your post but I don't like you either and I don't even know you :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

tbh when or if your hated by someone for no reason its due to the persons own inadaqecies, probably spelt that wrong :o , things that they hate about themselves or guilt.
    once i know ive done nothing to them then i seriously couldnt give a fcuk, especially when they have done somethings on you, and keeps it going :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

yeah, lots of people hate me. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Somewhat.

To much effort but €10 and I'll thank you then hate you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

I have work collegues who spit on the ground I walk on, yet dont go out of my way to annoy anyone :(

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

No I'm pretty much loved by everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Why do they hate you? And why do you care anyway ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Fairly sure my mother in law dislikes me, and I know alot of people don't get me, but I'm not sure if anyone really hates me.

If literally everyone you know hates you, I'd start wondering why alright, but if it's just a few idiots you work with, then you'd be best trying to ignore it and go about your day. Do you get on with anyone in your workplace at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭amacca

Domo230 wrote: »
    I get a lot of indifference from people. Sometimes I would prefer if they hated me. At least I would know where they stand and would feel like I am impacting the world.

Beats feeling invisible :(

I don't have that problem.....................stupid broken zip on my fly and lack of underwear

flashing...either deliberate or incidental...there's your solution, they wont ignore you for long I can promise you that

some may even hate you for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

OP Are you a politican by any chance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Hating someone is self-consuming and unhealthy for the hater.

But nevertheless...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I don't think I am actually.

Maybe my boards.ie persona is hated by a few but IRL I'm surrounded by strong, positive people - good friends.

I understand on boards that I can sometimes come across as a little harsh, but tbh I'm just not as articulate in text as some are and that kinda lets me down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I have bn called a cùnt by everyone I know Mother, brother, old pals I reckon they are all squeamish from too much time amidst company, n shallow I have been hardened by too much time alone with only physical contact I seek out having ever been violence and I bat away hugs like they are the real digs n my apparent verbal razors mean no harm though it cuts them to the bone?! Like butter.. fücking pussies man, crazy nights my ahrse who replaced the man with a woman. My apparent depression is compassion n my apparent hate is love, actually.. But long as there's a game on fück em all big n small. Way too immersed in the deep end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

No sure Im great craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Crimbouser

Op, i think i understand your situation. I too seem to be one of those people that others-those that don't know me that well-can take a bit of a dislike to. Think it can be when you're sensitive or shy others judge you. But i say let them keep their bad vibes- no point letting others' ill-informed opinions bring you down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Kiera wrote: »
    OP, look at this dude ^^^^

I'm one of his best mates and i hate the fúcker, so it could be worse.

That's the nicest thing you've ever said about me *wipes tear from eye*

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I think I'm loved and adored by all but I feel lately that my arrogance has grated people. Im beginning to take a back seat to rejuvenate my persona. If you look at great public figures like Queen Elizabeth II, she always leaves the public wanting more. She doesn't do overkill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I dont know, I proabably am. I could hardly care less though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Nah, no one hates me.
    Everyone just pretends like I don't exist...............

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

My friends have done me a lot of harm over the years and i've learnt it's nice to be liked but it may not be good at all.Being liked means you entertain maybe nothing more .I know a man who has thousands of friends and i realised it's 'cause he never touches on controversy of any kind and is a good listener but is utterly useless about everything .He has no opinions on anything or anybody but somehow he's engaging .Maybe i've overlooked something .Any ideas ?He has a slightly comical manner but is there something else ??? Me i'm dull but it's because i see too much ..and say too much too. He's a caricature as far as i can make sense of him .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Yes, a good few hate me. Such is life.
    I'm losing no sleep over them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Maybe, probably. I dont care though, their problem and not mine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I don't know anyone in RL that hates me but I know two people on here who hate me but I'm better than them because I don't hate anyone.

Tbh even my comic side does not compensate for the non-shallow or apparently deep stuff I yearn to discuss. Some people get queazy easy amidst the eternal sunshine of their squeamish mind n react badly n cry "negative!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Maybe, probably. I dont care though, their problem and not mine.

awh, no one could hate you!
    I don't think I am actually.

but you.... yeah I could see how they could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

i think you reach a point in your life when you don't really care what other people think. If you know you are a descent person and are lucky enough to have a few people who love you, feck the rest.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

I'm generally hated by every group I have interacted with over the years. Not for no reason though. Harsh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

omerin wrote: »

Hey look, it's every girl's MySpace quote from 2006

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Not by anyone interesting.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Hey look, it's every girl's MySpace quote from 2006

;)

"be as one mind. Live in peace"

"simple n friendly wit everyone!"

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

When you reach a point in your life when you say ..."i don't care what other people think of me "...then you may be missing a moment of self-discovery .I want to know why peoples reactions are this or that apart from any right or wrong .I can live with being disliked quite easily but i want to understand why? Is it Character or personality that's at fault in me .A moment to enlighten me i'd be a fool to miss but a bigger fool to need other peoples approval all the time? i can do without being liked most of the time but we do need to understand our place in the world .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

People think im a ©unt and I delight in it :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement