Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you hated?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Sarky wrote: »
    Not by anyone interesting.

That's a lie, I hate you and everyone knows I'm interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

paddyandy wrote: »
    When you reach a point in your life when you say ..."i don't care what other people think of me "...then you may be missing a moment of self-discovery .I want to know why peoples reactions are this or that apart from any right or wrong .I can live with being disliked quite easily but i want to understand why? Is it Character or personality that's at fault in me .A moment to enlighten me i'd be a fool to miss but a bigger fool to need other peoples approval all the time? i can do without being liked most of the time but we do need to understand our place in the world .

very insightful !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Kadent

by my child mostly, but I consider it part of my job as a parent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Yep, Im hated, and its cuz my face looks EXACTLY like this - :cool: . ALL DAY BABY!!WOOOH!!ALL DAY! WHAT?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

paddyandy wrote: »
    When you reach a point in your life when you say ..."i don't care what other people think of me "...then you may be missing a moment of self-discovery .I want to know why peoples reactions are this or that apart from any right or wrong .I can live with being disliked quite easily but i want to understand why? Is it Character or personality that's at fault in me .A moment to enlighten me i'd be a fool to miss but a bigger fool to need other peoples approval all the time? i can do without being liked most of the time but we do need to understand our place in the world .

I can't imagine how exhausting that would be though. Firstly, you'd have to read everyone's mind because it's not as if people come out and say 'hey, i hate you'. Then you have to find out why they hate you, which could be any number of reasons completely out of your control. And then, once you find that out, what do you do then? Change to please them?

No. Just f*ck em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

in real life im pretty easy going and really nice so i can't think of anyone that doesn't like me. Not sure how i come across on boards though something similar i imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

probably am hated by some at work... i despise most of them nearly as much as my job...
    But i recently have adopted that 'dont care what anyone thinks of me anymore' because im not there to get on with or make friends with anyone at work...
    When it comes to work, you are just thrown together with a bunch of strangers....some will be sound.....some will be absolute d#ckheads. in a large company trying to get on with everyone will grind you down...

My new years resolution is to get the hell out of my job before i f##king kill one of these nob ends....:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I hope so. I have met quite a few utter dickheads in my time and would hate to think i left them with the impression that i didn't find them to be a complete waste of air and organs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

I don't think I'm hated by anyone.

I'm not worth the effort really.

Of course IRL & on Boards I'm sure some people dislike me, but that's the way things go sometimes.

Most people I care about seem to like me & I'm happy with that.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

I have work collegues who spit on the ground I walk on, yet dont go out of my way to annoy anyone :(

People will not hate you for nothing. If you are drawing hatred down upon yourself, then there is a cause and the probable cause is how you treat other people that you work with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

I don't think I'm hated by anyone.

I'm not worth the effort really.

Of course IRL & on Boards I'm sure some people dislike me, but that's the way things go sometimes.

Most people I care about seem to like me & I'm happy with that.:)

ah go wan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

I don't think I'm hated by anyone and if I am, I don't care because I know the important people love me:o

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

I have work collegues who spit on the ground I walk on, yet dont go out of my way to annoy anyone :(

Your name isn't Frank Serpico by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Its better to be hated for being right than to be loved for being a fool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Well, you know what they say - haters gonna hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Bullchomper

I don't understand why your work colleagues would hate you. Not to question your judgement but sometimes if you think people don't like you, you can interpret their actions as hostile, self fulfilling prophecy and all that jazz. If they are a bunch of assholes though, you should be glad they dislike you, shows your not the same as them. At any rate, if your happy with yourself **** the begrudgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Hate = a hell of a lot of effort. I dont think I affect anybody that strongly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I evoke hate in fluff bags that don't know real hate. it's like a new experience for em

/Thats just awful I'm out.. Wut time is it. bitter boy this night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I'm not aware of anyone hating me in real life but I attract a lot of ire online.

On youtube someone wished me cancer and chose to publicly tell me about his ongoing affair with my mother and her passion for anal sex, which I had been unaware of. Obviously this person hated me as they chose to tell me publicly, rather than doing it privately.

I've got some very angry responses here too, though I haven't got an abusive PM yet so clearly I'm still not doing it right.
    Someone called me a "****ing stupid ****" the other day.
    I'd love to know what the asterisks stood for, though I think it may well be the same four letters in both cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I don't know and i don't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

They just probably hate you because if they are colleagues then you obviously work with them and you can't speak decent English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Captain McDuck

I'm definitely treated as a hate figure in PI/RI forum for my frank sensible advise. I have even received abusive PMs.

Muppets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I don't know if I'm hated... certainly avoided by people like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

If i was introduced to myself I'd run the risk of coming across excessively sweet to the point of being suspicious, but hated? i hope not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭boomtown123

If i was introduced to myself I'd run the risk of coming across excessively sweet to the point of being suspicious, but hated? i hope not.

I can relate - I've been always told I'm too nice. People try take advantage and when they don't like what your doing or not doing what they want - I'm hated. Its a funny world....:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭iliketeaandcake

Sometimes it is quite enjoyable for people to hate on others in the workplace, school or college due to boredom, small-mindedness etc. There was one guy I used to work with who was hated for no reason other than he was a bit weird. It was bullying in my opinion, which is one thing I can't stand. Haters gonna hate and all that stuff, but outright bullying is a serious issue and no one should stand for it, whether it's happening to them or they see it happening to someone else.

I'm fairly sure I have caused people to hate me in a few situations, but I attracted their disdain fully aware of my actions and probably for the devilment. I feel very loved by my friends and family, and outside of that I couldn't give two fcucks what anyone thinks, let them go shyte.

Sure wouldn't be an easy life if there was no hate. It would be terribly boring though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

One fella hates me but he should get over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

I am too much of a narcissus to believe anyone could hate me and too much of a socio-path to care.

Advertisement