Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best SSD for the price?

Options
  • 01-01-2012 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I'm looking to spend around 150-200 euro on a SSD and would like some advice on which to get.

I would like at least 128gb space on it. I would be using it for my operating system and a few games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Crucial 128GB SSD is the best one out there for reliability. €183 delivered from Komplett or you can pick it up in Dublin at their warehouse in blanch.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Trompette

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Trompette

Crucial Spec attached

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Osmosae

I haven't seen extensive use of the drive but mushkin chronos is probably the best deal at the moment. As I said though haven't seen extensive use so can't comment on general reliability as yet. Also the samsung 830 series seems to be as reliable as the crucial and faster to boot, coming in around the same price (whether our not you'd notice the difference in real world use is debatable, and mainly down to what you do on the pc, general pc users wouldn't notice anything, power users will notice a marginal difference at most, but figured it was worth mentioning)

Advertisement