Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't put that through in advance of Today

• 02-01-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

I'm sure ye all have come across the situation where you want to make a payment in advance of the required date etc you know what I mean only to be told oh I can't put that through on the system now as it will only accept info up to todays date.

Internally though it seems that all things are possible.

I transferred a sum of money to my bank last wednesday and checking it's arrival today I see this. Note date. 3rd January 2012.

AMAZINGBANKING-1.jpg

Are have things finally improved/changed at long last for customers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

1/1/12 is a Sunday.
    2/1/12 is a bank holiday

If you get a regular payment on 1st of every month the transaction date will always be the following working day. It's not actually an advance payment. Same goes for DDs.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I'm sure ye all have come across the situation where you want to make a payment in advance of the required date etc you know what I mean only to be told oh I can't put that through on the system now as it will only accept info up to todays date.

I transferred a sum of money to my bank last wednesday and checking it's arrival today I see this. Note date. 3rd January 2012.

AMAZINGBANKING-1.jpg

I think you're forgetting the way our banks work.

In these days of instant payments our banks still find it hard to transfer money between banks on a timely basis. One bank has been mentioned on these pages as it won't perform online transfers after 3.40PM ! I can't understand teh computer keeping human hours...

Our credit card companies find it hard to keep statements up to date.

Christmas time shows how unreliable the whole thing is with payments and withdrawals showing up on statements many days after being made.

And of course our bank staff still get their privilege days - not back to work until Thursday well after the rest of the country has gone back to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    1/1/12 is a Sunday.
    2/1/12 is a public holiday

If you get a regular payment on 1st of every month the transaction date will always be the following working day. It's not actually an advance payment. Same goes for DDs.

I understand banking/working days but while i'm probably not explaining this very well as it's not often it has happened me but remember being told that...

something like this, I can't enter that on the system to day as it will only accept data up to today, you will have to come back tomorrow.

Leaving holiday non banking days aside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

AMAZINGBANKING-1.jpg

Wednesday 28th was a non-processing day. SORRY PARSI.:rolleyes:

Therefore the payment was initiated on Thursday 29th (call it day 1).

Day 2 is Friday 30th.

Day 3 is Tuesday 3rd January.

Which looks pretty normal to me. Transfer money on day 1 and it's credited on day 3.

One thing you might not realise. While the funds will appear on your statement as being credited on 3 January, they are actually available to withdraw via the ATM since the overnight update of the previous processing day i.e. since early Saturday morning.
    parsi wrote: »
    And of course our bank staff still get their privilege days - not back to work until Thursday well after the rest of the country has gone back to work.

The vast majority of people I know aren't back to work until tomorrow 3 January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

i think you are missing the point that some are making - all these transactions are being made electronically so why is its processing depending on actual days that staff are working! They do like to call their services Anytime Banking or Banking 365 when in fact it is ins't really. Its more like banking 9 - 5!

• Advertisement

6 calendar days for an electronic transfer is a joke. No other way to describe it.

6 calendar days for an electronic transfer is a joke. No other way to describe it.

Except it's not six days. The funds were accessible on Saturday - so more like two or three days depending on your interpretation of when it was initiated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

as from 01.01.2012 electronic xfer's will take only 1 working day under new legislation but there is a time cut off, which I think is around 4.30 on the day.

every little helps

as from 01.01.2012 electronic xfer's will take only 1 working day under new legislation but there is a time cut off, which I think is around 4.30 on the day.

every little helps

That's true.

Will it be good enough for people like parsi and peteb though?

nlgbbbblth wrote: »

every little helps

That's true.

Will it be good enough for people like parsi and peteb though?

I'm sure that all those senders and recipients who lose the value of their funds for over 4 days will be happy that the banks have been forced to process electronic transfers in a speedier fashion than heretofore.

Every little helps...

• Advertisement
Advertisement