Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag Week 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

qwerty93 wrote: »
    Christy Moore?

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Christy Moore would be amazing !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    FYP ;)
    Haha Id love the real Christy of course!:D, Would he be able to be got tho?? I know a lot of my friends would be big fans like myself so hopefully he would draw a big crowd!:D:D

Haha Id love the real Christy of course!:D, Would he be able to be got tho?? I know a lot of my friends would be big fans like myself so hopefully he would draw a big crowd!:D:D

How can't someone be a fan? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Couldn't see him playing any gig for college students. Considering he doesn't like people clapping when he's playing I can't see him playing for a few thousand drunk 18-25 year olds. I'd love if he did though.

• Advertisement

We can live in hope I suppose ! but if not, this lads fairli decent! http://liambyrne.fourfour.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Couldn't see him playing any gig for college students. Considering he doesn't like people clapping when he's playing I can't see him playing for a few thousand drunk 18-25 year olds. I'd love if he did though.
    Heard stories that he gets annoyed at people clapping or talking at his concerts.

FYP ;)
    Skyrim wrote: »
    Heard stories that he gets annoyed at people clapping or talking at his concerts.

He had now done oxygen so anythings possible!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭RovinPirate

Russell Howard. I would die of happiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭IrishJack89

Christy Moore Tribute Act?
    Christy Moore would be amazing !!

Sorry lads, it mightn't have been Christy Moore but it was 1 of those clowns, maybe Shane McGowan..

• Advertisement

Sorry lads, it mightn't have been Christy Moore but it was 1 of those clowns, maybe Shane McGowan..

He'll do :p

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

The fallen drakes should play rag week 2012 -next biggest thing according to 2fm. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0d8QxJi28I
    They are pretty good!

eoins23456 wrote: »
    The fallen drakes should play rag week 2012 -next biggest thing according to 2fm. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0d8QxJi28I
    They are pretty good!
    Good catchy tune! Heard these lads in Tramore a few months back, I think there Dublin based.. Very good live! :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OpZ1xss2Mrc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Student49

RAG week was cancelled in Galway :O It is totally spiraling out of control at this point, what do people think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Student49 wrote: »
    RAG week was cancelled in Galway :O It is totally spiraling out of control at this point, what do people think?
    I think its going to make ULs rag week even bigger.

band suggestion: Two Door Cinema Club?
    if you got them ill forgive the powers for making me sit through Venga Boys. :shudder:

Different situation. As far as I remember, there were little or no incidents last year during UL's Charity Week. As long as we all cop on and act like adults then there's no problem. The week is supposed to be about charity. Sure, have the craic, get drunk, whatever, just don't do stupid sh1t that harm the reputation of not only UL but students as a whole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    I think its going to make ULs rag week even bigger.

band suggestion: Two Door Cinema Club?
    if you got them ill forgive the powers for making me sit through Venga Boys. :shudder:

Big +1 on this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Why not have a keg party? We used to do them in my old college for rag week, €15 for an all you can drink ticket for 2pm-4pm on a Thursday afternoon! Most of the kegs/cans were sponsored by local businesses so it was pretty much the entire €15 of the ticket going to charity

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nolimits12

NUIM last year got the club night Propaganda to play in their su bar. Was unreall. Just sticking the name propaganda on it got loads of people there. But getting the DJ The Postman http://www.facebook.com/thepostmandj would be the dream! He brings a really good atmosphere to the night. Forced friends to come to his club night every single one of them loved it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭vonniec

Here's a suggestion, hold it 2 weeks later and have the fourth years involved! Of all years, we'll cherish it more, giving more, attending more events, considering few of us will be here next year..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nolimits12

vonniec wrote: »
    Here's a suggestion, hold it 2 weeks later and have the fourth years involved! Of all years, we'll cherish it more, giving more, attending more events, considering few of us will be here next year..

Great idea! FYP will mean I can only if at all drink 1 day out of the week. No matter how much I prepare in advance I'll still have loads to do!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 KeithQ96

When are FYP's finished?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

KeithQ96 wrote: »
    When are FYP's finished?

Different for every department!

I saw pics of some sort of raft race yolk on the shannon from 2009 rag week.. would that be going ahead this year?:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

I saw pics of some sort of raft race yolk on the shannon from 2009 rag week.. would that be going ahead this year?:D:D

i think so it's always on i think like

Twas on last year as well, so no reason it shouldn't be going ahead.

Twas on last year as well, so no reason it shouldn't be going ahead.

do you have to register for it or just head in on the day?

do you have to register for it or just head in on the day?

Not sure, didn't do it, but I'd assume it's like the Great Race, register, raise sponsorships and then do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

as stressed as i am now...i will love the history department for having our FYP deadline the week before rag week! haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Trader1991

christy Moore would be a good gig.
    Also I think there should be music played during the day in the pitch(even if it was just through speakers), just so everyone could meet early in one place to start the partaay!

Advertisement