Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag Week 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Trader1991 wrote: »
    christy Moore would be a good gig.
    Also I think there should be music played during the day in the pitch(even if it was just through speakers), just so everyone could meet early in one place to start the partaay!

I wouldn't agree with you here. Having people out on the pitches all day drinking and messing around is a recipe for disaster. You're just gonna end up damaging the pitch so that it'll cost loads to re-sod, or else have to splash on to protect it.
    Fair enough if there's actually an event (match, puc Fada, Foxy Boxing, etc) going on there, but for all other cases the SU courtyard serves it's purpose fairly well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 WritingCentre

eldwaro wrote: »
    as stressed as i am now...i will love the history department for having our FYP deadline the week before rag week! haha
    Nolimits12 wrote: »
    Great idea! FYP will mean I can only if at all drink 1 day out of the week. No matter how much I prepare in advance I'll still have loads to do!!

Hi Nolimits12 and eldwaro,

Just to let you know, if either of you need someone to look over any aspect of your FYP, the UL Writing Centre has finalised its tutoring schedule for the coming semester at www.ul.ie/rwc.

We have a number of trained tutors (most, if not all, of them postgrads) who offer one-to-one tuition every week in C1-065. We're currently recruiting a history tutor, who should be here within the next week or two.

The service is free, and you can see when discipline specific tutors' appointments are by registering at the above address and viewing the schedule. We just ask that you don't book more than one hour per week.

Best of luck with the coming semester!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

A scavenger hunt around the city would be good craic :D

A local Limerick band for consideration. Might be seeing them in Dolan's next month if I get the chance, so if I do I'll report back on how they are live.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

FIFA tournament with usual drinking rules!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

clonadlad wrote: »
    FIFA tournament with usual drinking rules!
    Like the sound of that. The last fifa tournament in october went well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

break a UL record for the most people doing this at the same time????

freyners wrote: »
    break a UL record for the most people doing this at the same time????

If there were more than 3 drinkable things on the list of taps on that page I'd do it. :pac:

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    If there were more than 3 drinkable things on the list of taps on that page I'd do it. :pac:

drink the first two drinkables ones first so, after that it wont be a problem;)

drink the first two drinkables ones first so, after that it wont be a problem;)

Can I just do four pints each of the drinkable ones and then two or three pints of what is deemed by the crowd to be the worst of the lot to make up for it? :pac:

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Can I just do four pints each of the drinkable ones and then two or three pints of what is deemed by the crowd to be the worst of the lot to make up for it? :pac:

im afraid not, then it would be the 4*2 plus 3 tap challenge

not as catchy

im afraid not, then it would be the 4*2 plus 3 tap challenge

not as catchy

Aw! :(

Damn my palette for not allowing me to drink more than two sips of any lager before quitting. :(

Oh well, I guess I'll just find a quiet table and watch ye all partake in this lunacy and laugh when the vomiting begins. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Would need to have a mighty bucket handy,
    Mixing cider and lager is one thing...
    Mixing cider and lager and bitter and ale etc is another!
    On top of that...
    It's another thing to be able to stomach 13 pints!
    A challenge indeed... :cool:

ive been meaning to do it for a while, its not the 13 pints im woried about

its the smithwicks tap:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Someone might want to make sure there still are 13 pints!

I know Budweiser was taken out, not sure if anything has replaced it!

Anybody know when the events will be posted online or available in the su?

Skyrim wrote: »
    Anybody know when the events will be posted online or available in the su?

Last year it was released around the end of Week 4 - middle week 5 IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

DJ Rankin confirmed for the hurlers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Anyone who has ideas give Keith a shout (events.su@ul.ie)

I'd love to do the Great Race, but I'll be conserving my energy for the abuse from residents! (which has already begun in anticipation. They're building a "cancel RAG week" campaign)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Big +1 on this!
    The Two door lads are over in LA recording a new album and will be busy headlining the NME tour in England, two big aswell :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Yurt wrote: »

Are you f*cking kidding me? Thank the gods that's nothing to do with UL.. How embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Are you f*cking kidding me? Thank the gods that's nothing to do with UL.. How embarrassing.

Haha DJ Rankin reminds me of bebo

ninty9er wrote: »
    Anyone who has ideas give Keith a shout (events.su@ul.ie)

I'd love to do the Great Race, but I'll be conserving my energy for the abuse from residents! (which has already begun in anticipation. They're building a "cancel RAG week" campaign)

Here's hoping that doesn't gain any traction.

It will if people do the bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

I think its a good idea,it won't cost too much and its just going to be a pisstake.It will bring us all back to the days of having a sneaky naggin down the tracks before,grinding some young one up against the corner before having water thrown on you by bouncers while hearing "Dj Rankin in the mix mother****er"

If anything it will be nostalgic i'm up for it

To each their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Yurt wrote: »

picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151
    CiaranMT wrote:

Big +1 on this. Galway have already lost their RAG week, why should we lose ours?

wnolan1992 wrote:
    It will if people do the bollox.

Common sense goes a long way, people!

Will someone put up a list of activities and events for rag week when it becomes public? Just for those of us on co-op etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭mooonpie

Firstly, 'Undercover Creeps' last year were amazing. Poor crowd, but a great set and everyone there (planned or not) seemed to enjoy the gig

Bit of a kill-joy I guess, but ...

I imagine using the pitches will cause issues due to the C&S issues with pitches at the moment, especially considering it is coming into peak season for their use.

I heard from a mate a couple of years ago (open to correction, sans Oxegen) that Christy Moore's gigs are now "alcohol free" <- a direct quote from my mate at the time ... not entirely sure how true it is or not though.

Best of luck with the week Paddy!

I'm sure everyone will enjoy it

• Advertisement

I imagine using the pitches will cause issues due to the C&S issues with pitches at the moment, especially considering it is coming into peak season for their use.

Non-starter. The pitches are in terrible condition in any case.

Advertisement