Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag Week 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

storyfold seem grand, but i really couldn't care less about the others. this rag week was supposed to be HUGE, but its pretty meh. i suppose you can't cater for everyone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    storyfold seem grand, but i really couldn't care less about the others. this rag week was supposed to be HUGE, but its pretty meh. i suppose you can't cater for everyone :(

But in fairness, what were people expecting? They've said all along that there was going to be no HUGE acts. The SU can't afford it. IMO this line-up is far better than last year. This way, no one will be disappointed by a big name act that don't perform to their expectations. And I'm willing to bet a lot of people in UL haven't heard of Kanyu Tree or Storyfold... they're in for a treat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Not mad about bressie, but must applaud su/ents for getting kanyu tree, really good young band. Looks a pretty good line up . Just hope none of them cancel at the last moment like the bandits last year. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Fair play to them,
    They let their creative side come out when composing the names.
    I for one, definitely won't miss the "Nose Pea Push."
    Who knows what that entails!

On a serious note, Kanyu Tree are pretty decent

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭djnr8

Not a bad line-up in my opinion.

I'm more looking forward to the day events which is where all the craic is, just hope the weather is as good as last year

As for Bressie, (excuse the vulgarity) I'm sure it will be full of dripping wet young ones

• Advertisement

djnr8 wrote: »
    As for Bressie, (excuse the vulgarity) I'm sure it will be full of dripping wet young ones

I'M THERE!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

That's the only reason he'd be a success.

Must give more activities a go this year, have always managed to miss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭djnr8

CiaranMT wrote: »
    That's the only reason he'd be a success.

A good reason though. The activities are what makes it, some great stuff there to be done, people just don't realise there's more craic to be had laughing at people in Scholars/Stables than going out and getting hammered (which is also rather daycent).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The Kanyu Tree are a fairly decent band alright but Bressie is gonna attract a fair few chicks I'd say. Do these gigs cost money to get into, I assume so? Not a bad lineup FOR LIMERICK!

The Kanyu Tree are a fairly decent band alright but Bressie is gonna attract a fair few chicks I'd say. Do these gigs cost money to get into, I assume so? Not a bad lineup FOR LIMERICK!

I agree, not a bad line up. Seems to be a fair bit of discontent about line up on ents page on facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

someone disses the su on boards., the SU is all over it qouting the abuse

I suggest lisa hannigan for rag week on boards, they book bressie, I see how it is SU.
    :P

(I know lisa wouldn't suit, i'm just saying.)

yeah they cost money. Probably in the range of 10-15quid for ULFest I reckon. Hopefully they'll do the thing like last year where you pay about 40quid and you get into everything all week.

And before anyone starts bitching about prices, it's for charity, so shup! :pac:
    f0ggy92 wrote: »
    someone disses the su on boards., the SU is all over it qouting the abuse

I suggest lisa hannigan for rag week on boards, they book bressie, I see how it is SU.
    :P

(I know lisa wouldn't suit, i'm just saying.)

I suggested Storyfold..... guess they must like me. :pac: :pac:

You'd never know though, there're some more acts to be announced on Monday I believe, although these may just be the DJ's.

Freeloading Charities...
    Only pay for music and uv yeah?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    yeah they cost money. Probably in the range of 10-15quid for ULFest I reckon. Hopefully they'll do the thing like last year where you pay about 40quid and you get into everything all week.

And before anyone starts bitching about prices, it's for charity, so shup! :pac:

I suggested Storyfold..... guess they must like me. :pac: :pac:

You'd never know though, there're some more acts to be announced on Monday I believe, although these may just be the DJ's.

What do you think of the line up for the week? Imho, it's pretty decent. Lot of people i know, are not too impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Skyrim wrote: »
    What do you think of the line up for the week? Imho, it's pretty decent. Lot of people i know, are not too impressed.
    I don't know what people were expecting to be honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

I believe, although these may just be the DJ's.

I'd imagine so. Emailed Paddy a while back to suggest getting in contact with the Macronite crew and he wrote back saying he'd already done so.

In fairness, only the completely oblivious could be expecting much more than what's been booked for this year. The money simply isn't there, either for the SU to attract bigger acts, or for students to pay for them.

Skyrim wrote: »

To be quite honest I'm really impressed. Considering the money situation I wasn't expecting any well known acts at all. Bressie, while not exactly my cup of tea will probably be a bit of craic for the reason outlined above... ;) Kanyu Tree are fairly decent, and I'm obsessed with Storyfold and have been meaning to get to see them for ages.
    Cydoniac wrote: »
    I don't know what people were expecting to be honest...

+1. I honestly don't get why people are so pissed off on the ULSU Ents page. I'd imagine half the people bitching haven't taken the time to even look up Storyfold or Kanyu Tree.

And all these people saying "It's the worst line up in years" should maybe take a look back at last year. A Christy Moore tribute act, the Undercover Creeps who no one bothered their hole turning up to, and not much else. This year's a lot better imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

the Undercover Creeps who no one bothered their hole turning up to

Shame, they missed an epic night. The two lads were insane

bazkennedy wrote: »
    Shame, they missed an epic night. The two lads were insane

No arguments. Was there for about 40 minutes and they were awesome, but the atmosphere there wasn't that great in fairness.

Just listening to ULFM there they did a kind of a preview of ULFest.

Storyfold and Kanyu Tree and a few more up and coming Irish bands will be playing the SU Courtyard.
    Javas will be a Trad music venue.
    Stables will have a few cover bands.
    Stables courtyard will be dance music.

And more importantly, the max it's gonna cost is 10e! AND it could be cheaper than that. That's a f*cking bargain in fairness!

Oh, and Bressie playing Thursday, 8euro.

Pretty decent. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Fair play to the union on the prices. Keith Quinlan is like some sort of ENTS wizard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Oh, and Bressie playing Thursday, 8euro.

Pretty decent. :)

No disrespect to the guy but I wouldnt look out my kitchen window at him if he was playing in my back yard.

Saw the Blizzards back in 2009, it was a bad sign when he had to go as far as telling us that he lost his "virginity to a dirty yank in Classy Plassey" in order to drum up the crowd a bit...

No thanks for the repeat.

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Fair play to the union on the prices. Keith Quinlan is like some sort of ENTS wizard!!

I honestly was shocked to hear it was so cheap. Will probably pay more for the ticket if I have some spare cash. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Seen the volunteering forms are out. Thinking about it. Has anyone done this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

DJ Rankin sold out his Wensday gig in The Hurlers in 15 minutes :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

-Kenny- wrote: »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.........

picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

To make it even worse he was booked for the night after as well now and tickets went on sale there an hour ago.

-Kenny- wrote: »
    Back in the mix 2k12...

I know that name for years ago but can't place where from...
    Has he a famous song?

• Advertisement

I know that name for years ago but can't place where from...
    Has he a famous song?
    He got a crazy following among teens with some of his club hits, but looking back they're pretty awful ;P

Advertisement