Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag Week 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

I know that name for years ago but can't place where from...
    Has he a famous song?

Perhaps you remember him from the old bebo flashbox days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I probably shouldn't have told anyone but I still have a DJ Rankin CD at home that my cousin gave to me...

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I probably shouldn't have told anyone but I still have a DJ Rankin CD at home that my cousin gave to me...

Hand over that hipster card! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Cawcheen wrote: »
    Perhaps you remember him from the old bebo flashbox days.

Old songs with a squeeky voice and a banging donk on em.
    Ah the memories :cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Cydoniac wrote: »

Get out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

so what events are ticket events next week and what are people actually planning to go to? are the passes sold out already?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    so what events are ticket events next week and what are people actually planning to go to? are the passes sold out already?

AFAIK, the only ticket events are ULFest and Bressie. (The stuff off campus I don't know about). Everything else is probably make a donation at the door like last year.

Protip: Always have a few coins in your pocket, they'll ask for a donation when you're going through barriers, and will make you feel like a dick if you don't. :pac:

I'm definitely going to ULFest, Storyfold <3. Plus will finally get to see Petri Chor and Sparkle Motion. :)
    Probably gonna go to HG on the Tuesday as well.

Unfortunately I reckon that's about it for night time events. Lecturers being dicks so won't be able to go out as much as last year. :(

EDIT: The Farmer's Ball is also ticketed. And PleasureFest or whatever it's called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Have to find out which two nights I'm working for rag week or I won't be going to the Ul fest :(

rang my bank and my grant has cleared i think i may actually die during rag week

• Advertisement

thank god i don't work in the galway s'mac's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

They really have no hope of ever having an official rag week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Oh Christ.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I can't see the Supermac's picture/video,
    Says I need to download Flashplayer to see it,
    And I'm mashing down on the Download button in the library to no avail :/
    Watch it when I get home...

Oh and Dancing in the Dark was the song as well! :P
    Even in my youth, watched out for dance music :P

Still I'll be standing in the carpark with the Hurlers window open with my 6-pack :')

Partying on my lonesome, tapping my feel in sync with the bass...

Untitled-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

in all its glory

hope ta **** nothing like this happens in limerick

that's a terrifying situation when you're behind the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

freyners wrote: »
    hope ta **** nothing like this happens in limerick

Or if it does, when f0ggy's working :D
    Get a pretty decent shot of everyone from behind the counter :-P

I suppose it's pointless to hope that the college will go through this video and pick out all these fúckstains and toss them out of college?

problem with galway rag week is alot of them arent nuig/gmit so i doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I suppose it's pointless to hope that the college will go through this video and pick out all these fúckstains and toss them out of college?

Much more likely the guards will pursue it and go through the college to try and identify as many as they can and bring them to court for criminal proceedings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Much more likely the guards will pursue it and go through the college to try and identify as many as they can and bring them to court for criminal proceedings.

What criminal activities are you seeing in that video?

Unless you want 40 odd people up in court for disturbing the peace.

Not saying it was right what went on but you can't start bringing dozens of people before the courts for minor public disorder offences or the legal system would grind to a halt. It's bad enough as it is.

cson wrote: »
    What criminal activities are you seeing in that video?

Unless you want 40 odd people up in court for disturbing the peace.

Not saying it was right what went on but you can't start bringing dozens of people before the courts for minor public disorder offences or the legal system would grind to a halt. It's bad enough as it is.

In some of the videos they are ripping ceiling tiles from the roof in Supermac's.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

wnolan1992 wrote: »

For what? Shouting indoors?

In some of the videos they are ripping ceiling tiles from the roof in Supermac's.

For drunk and disorderly. Causing public unrest. Damage to property. Refusal to leave premises. Take your pick.

No wonder RAG weeks and Charity Weeks around the country are in danger of being cancelled. The shíte that went on in Galway and WIT gives students as a whole a bad name. It's fine to say "Ah but shur they were only having a laugh" or "Shur what were they doing only shouting a bit?", but it's these kinds of incidents which are what residents rightly complain about.

Just hope people in UL have a little more class, and make ours as good as last year. I mean seriously, get pissed drunk, get stoned, take E, do whatever the fúck you want, but don't be a dickhead to other people. It's fairly simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Lets hope nothing like this happen during next week people might just be a little upset with college student for upsetting the locals 3 weeks in a row

Video from last night.

Garda delighted with herself

as angry as we all should be with the nuig students for the reputation they'll have given us all for rag week. "Whose the sexy garda?" is hands down the funniest drunken chant i've heard in a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭achmairt

now we know where the grant money is going...
    This won't do their high court case any good when they're appealing about the grant cuts. Idiots:

Advertisement