Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Project?

• 02-01-2012 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Can you give me ideas for my history project?
    Should I do something on Captain O' Shea....or on the GAA...? Thanks!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Choose something you enjoy and find interesting. If something interesting happened n your local area, look into finding books, examiners enjoy and prefer to read about an event in local area. Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Honest opinion

Hi there i just completed my Leaving cert Last Year and took History at higher level id recomend that you make your History RSR slightly unique to get the Examiners intrest for example for my RSR last year i wrote about OPERATION ARMAGEDDON

Which was the proposed invasion of Northern ireland in the aftermath of Bloody sunday and increased violence in the North

It was Quirky and interesting and slightly outside the box by the way id avoid the GAA at all costs its been done to Death!! btw i received an overall B2 in the Exam and an A2 in the RSR section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

Hi there i just completed my Leaving cert Last Year and took History at higher level id recomend that you make your History RSR slightly unique to get the Examiners intrest for example for my RSR last year i wrote about OPERATION ARMAGEDDON

Which was the proposed invasion of Northern ireland in the aftermath of Bloody sunday and increased violence in the North

It was Quirky and interesting and slightly outside the box by the way id avoid the GAA at all costs its been done to Death!! btw i received an overall B2 in the Exam and an A2 in the RSR section.

Thanks :) I think I'm going to stick to something on Catain O' Shea. It's really not used that much and it is very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

I done mine on the shooting of John Lennon since I knew a lot about it already and it seemed like a unique angle to go from. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Thanks :) I think I'm going to stick to something on Catain O' Shea. It's really not used that much and it is very interesting.

Right too, do something interesting. At least you're not doing something on WWII or the war of independence, which are huge periods and info can be vague

• Advertisement

Bonavox wrote: »
    I done mine on the shooting of John Lennon since I knew a lot about it already and it seemed like a unique angle to go from. :)

That's a class idea! Wish I had thought of that! Hah :) that's quite creative and original! The only other shooting I could think of that would be commonly used...would be the shooting/murder of J.F Kennedy!
    Good title!:)

Bonavox wrote: »

That's a class idea! Wish I had thought of that! Hah :) that's quite creative and original! The only other shooting I could think of that would be commonly used...would be the shooting/murder of J.F Kennedy!

Didn't mean to post that 3 times lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Katyn

Cover-up, conspiracy, deception, propaganda, blaming the other side, this has got it all

They even executed the executors to cover it up even more :eek:

It's good you are doing something different, I'm sure the examiners are sick of reading about Collins and his squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Im doing conspiracy theories about death of JFK, our teacher reckons ill get full marks because half the people are doing Sean MacDiarmada and it gets boring for the examiner to go over the same stuff day in day out. He reckons if its interesting then you're guaranteed a B3 whatever about sources or how good the essay is

• Advertisement

Im doing conspiracy theories about death of JFK, our teacher reckons ill get full marks because half the people are doing Sean MacDiarmada and it gets boring for the examiner to go over the same stuff day in day out. He reckons if its interesting then you're guaranteed a B3 whatever about sources or how good the essay is

Okay okay...conspiracy theories about his death has got me lol. That one is even better! That is comPLETELY creative and outside the box haha!!!! :) best of luck with that! Let us know how ya get on:)

Okay okay...conspiracy theories about his death has got me lol. That one is even better! That is comPLETELY creative and outside the box haha!!!! :) best of luck with that! Let us know how ya get on:)

and someone in our school done it 5 years ago and got full marks so itl be a lot of copy and pasting :L

and someone in our school done it 5 years ago and got full marks so itl be a lot of copy and pasting :L

Haha well I'd be afraid of gettin caught by meteacher lol

ya cud just use the general plan and change bits and pieces

ya cud just use the general plan and change bits and pieces

True lol. But I like my topic of Captain o' Shea and Parnell etc. I know a lot about them already and have a reaaally good book ! So I ain't changin now! Gluck:D

Advertisement