Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolling Stones Tour in 2012?

Options
  • 02-01-2012 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

What do ye think?

Personally, I think they will (but that is obviously because I want to see those LEGENDS live before they pack it in. Was too young to go to Slane in 2007 but my brother was there, right up at the front when the stage came out through the crowd, and he was beside someone who caught Keith Richards' plectrum... EPIC!!!). There are obviously lots of rumours surrounding this because they're 50 years in 2012 and all that. But any solid evidence regarding this? :L

Then again, would they even come to Ireland if they did tour?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

arnt keith richards and mick jagger fighting at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

ah well they were never really best buds now were they

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

They co-wrote most of the greatest songs in rock history so i'm sure they get along most of the time.. Keith constantly referred to Mick as Brenda and Your Majesty in his autobiography last year and they had a little tiff over that.

I reckon they'll hit the road later this year and into next year for a final tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I would also be interested to see the Rolling Stones live.

If they do tour this autumn and then go into a farewell tour next year I'm hoping they could do an O2 date here and then come back for perhaps a Phoenix Park gig.

I wouldn't want a Croke Park/Aviva Stadium date, I've kinda outgrown outdoor sitting gigs tbh and standing tickets for either would be gold dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

karaokeman wrote: »
    I would also be interested to see the Rolling Stones live.

If they do tour this autumn and then go into a farewell tour next year I'm hoping they could do an O2 date here and then come back for perhaps a Phoenix Park gig.

I wouldn't want a Croke Park/Aviva Stadium date, I've kinda outgrown outdoor sitting gigs tbh and standing tickets for either would be gold dust.

they are far too big to play the o2

• Advertisement

they are far too big to play the o2

The same could have been said about AC/DC.

Whats the difference, both bands have sold 200 million records worldwide?

The same could have been said about AC/DC.

Whats the difference, both bands have sold 200 million records worldwide?
    in reality the Stones are a hell of a lot bigger than AC/DC, the Stones for me are probably the only other band in history that can stand upto The Beatles musically.

The Stones ended their last tour with 3 dates in the London O2, which holds about 23000 compared to our one that holds I think 14000 so maybe they could fit in 2 dates in Dublin

Dotsey wrote: »
    in reality the Stones are a hell of a lot bigger than AC/DC, the Stones for me are probably the only other band in history that can stand upto The Beatles musically.

You are forgetting about Coldplay:cool:.

yeah and Keane aswell while we're at that level!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Never seen the stones. I saw dylan last year. I left that too late.

Never saw zeppelin and its too late now. Seen pink floyd three times, genesis twice. Deep purple. Ac/dc (the original).

So I feel like I should see them. But I can imagine what its going to be like. A best of concert. Like seeing u2.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Saw them in Slane obviously well past there prime and the magic is well and truly gone.

You’d be better off buying the dvd Some Girls in Texas 78 that was recently released, they sound focking awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I would absolutely love if they did come. I'm dying to see them like. From what I've read Keith, Ronnie and Charlie are up for marking their 50th anniversary with a tour but Mick hasn't come around to the idea. I think there is still tension between him and Keith! Here's hoping they work things out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

The phrase flogging a dead horse comes to mind here

• Site Banned Posts: 44 Pegasus Galactica

I would probably sell a kidney just to see them! ;) I love them and have never got the opportunity to see such an icon band like them. Would be great to see one of the best rock and roll bands ever live! Lets hope they do it, even just for the fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

Aww come on! Past their prime? Just because they're old!!! They're last tour was one of the greatest tours in history, and sold however many millions of tickets and then spin offs like DVDs and the new album. Fair enough, it wasn't much different to any of their last few tours, with big extravagant stage set ups etc.

This crowd are calling themselves 'The Rolling Stones Liberation Front' and are making a few demands like smaller venues lower ticket prices and no unnecessary things like horns and giant inflatables etc. http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/rolling-stones-face-fans-protest/

Also, of course it would be a best of tour, with maybe a bit of new material! With a back catalogue like theirs, there's no need to write new songs ever again. A good lot of their best stuff anyway, is from their first 15 years or so. Fair enough, anybody could name at least 1 stones hit from every decade they've been around but nobody wants to hear a gig full of new songs that nobody knows! Especially since it's their last!

Anyone who saw their Biggest Bang Tour from 2005-2007 will know there is no way they are past their prime!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭vider12

Would be great to see it happen, but are they really fit to tour?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭windingo

Yes I think they will and if they do I'll be first in line to get my ticket, I absolutely love them and will probably be the only chance for me to see them as the last time they toured I was too young!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I saw them in Slane in 2007 and while not being their biggest fan they were very very good.

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

If they do tour I'm not sure if they will come to Ireland or not, though I do hope they come!

• Advertisement

yeah and Keane aswell while we're at that level!

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/w0007981.html

"I love Coldplay, and I honestly think they are on the same level as The Beatles.

In 30 years, when Coldplay are old men, people will look back and say, 'These guys were more talented than The Beatles.' I have worked with Chris Martin and the man is a genius - as a performer and a songwriter he is on the same level as John Lennon. I am not saying this sort of s**t lightly, it's really how talented the guy is. And Coldplay can go down as the best ever - even bigger than The Beatles."

Although I have little to no appreciation for Kanye's music, I will hold the man to these words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

^ I've nothing against Coldplay but that is honestly the biggest load of ****e ive ever read in my life.

nm wrote: »
    ^ I've nothing against Coldplay but that is honestly the biggest load of ****e ive ever read in my life.

You don't need to have anything against Coldplay.

It wasn't Chris Martin who made the claim he was better than John Lennon/ they were better than the Beatles it was Kanye.

Now back on topic, a friend of mine in college knows someone who saw the Rolling Stones at Slane. No question they still have a lot of fight left in them, I've never heard one complaint from their last Irish show or any other gigs in general.

You don't need to have anything against Coldplay.

It wasn't Chris Martin who made the claim he was better than John Lennon/ they were better than the Beatles it was Kanye.

You picked that up wrong unsurprisingly, I'm aware of who you were quoting and also the band they were talking about.
    Now back on topic, a friend of mine in college knows someone who saw the Rolling Stones at Slane. No question they still have a lot of fight left in them, I've never heard one complaint from their last Irish show or any other gigs in general.

I was at that Slane, it was OK. Although I find them hugely overrated The Stones put on a good show but as usual the venue of Slane was a nightmare and it took over 3 hours just to get from the venue to the carpark, this and other organisational issues put a bit of dampner on the day (not as bad as it was for some the Oasis year though)

That's 2007 now, not 1982.

(not as bad as it was for some the Oasis year though)

I was there to Oasis year, never experienced anything like it. It was nearly 5am before we got on a bus back to dublin. Absolutely crazy!

Anyway to get back on point Ronnie Wood has been quoted saying (about a 50th anniversary tour)

"Be lovely, wouldn't it? That's what we're on the verge of. I don't know what the hell is going to happen yet but we all feel we owe it to ourselves and to the people to do something."

Here's hoping!

Heard about this on the radio there a minute ago

http://www.nme.com/news/the-rolling-stones/62619

2012 tour not going to happen, 2013 is a possibility!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭vider12

would be great to see it happen, but i'm doubtful about it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

That's 2007 now, not 1982.

82' stank big time i do believe

anyone there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

2012 tour not going to happen, 2013 is a possibility!

Suprised to hear they're putting it off for a year. Surely at their age every second counts.

Advertisement