Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolling Stones Tour in 2012?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Suprised to hear they're putting it off for a year. Surely at their age every second counts.

They are too cool to die! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

An article in my college paper hinted at the Rolling Stones doing a string of arena dates in major cities and said 2013 as the year and the O2 as an Irish venue were likely possibilities.

Unfortunately I can't find the article from a wider source but presumably it was taken from somewhere.

karaokeman wrote: »
    An article in my college paper hinted at the Rolling Stones doing a string of arena dates in major cities and said 2013 as the year and the O2 as an Irish venue were likely possibilities.

Unfortunately I can't find the article from a wider source but presumably it was taken from somewhere.

Woohoo! :D Not getting my hopes up or anything! I think I'd prefer to see them do an outdoor gig rather than the O2 but wherever they are I'll be! :)

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/stones-5-th-anniversary-tour-pushed-back-to-2-aa3-20120314 - article in The Rolling Stone from 14th March

2 dates in London and 2 dates in USA in November have been announced, but apparently there have been hints that there may be a longer tour after that.... Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

Ah they'll definitely do a full tour I'd say.. They're not going to miss out on making millions!
    Slane 2012, fingers crossed!!! :D

I hope if they do come to Ireland that they won't charge the same prices as they are for these four shows... :/
    On the other hand, they're the Rolling Stones. They can do what they want and they'll still sell out wherever they play.

• Advertisement

They could charge what they liked, I'd pay it! :)

They could charge what they liked, I'd pay it! :)

Ya I'd probably complain about the high prices at first and then realise that the tickets would be on sale in the morning...
    **** sake I'm not missing the Stones!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

A fool and his money are soon parted

What do ye think of their new song?
    I think it's kinda like Start Me Up and Street Fighting Man... It's good! :)

Well, got my ticket for Hyde Park.

Anyone else going?

• Advertisement

Well, got my ticket for Hyde Park.

Anyone else going?

I wish...

Enjoy it :)
    I'm sure twill be epic :P

Just back from Hyde park gig......... Absolutely unreal and Mick Taylor showed up for a few songs too which was a bonus.
    Everyone I spoke to agreed that they were blown away by then.

Just back from Hyde park gig......... Absolutely unreal and Mick Taylor showed up for a few songs too which was a bonus.
    Everyone I spoke to agreed that they were blown away by then.

Did they play Rocks Off? I voted for it even though I wasn't going, just so I could see the videos up on youtube after! :P

I'd say they were unbelievable alright. I was chatting to my barber there a week or two ago and he said he wouldn't cross the road to see them, big fan of their music and all that, but he said they're passed it and he had heard that they were useless on the recent north American tour... (Keith can't play, backing track, blaaah blaaah blaah all this ****e) I told him to watch them at Glastonbury at the weekend. I bet that softened his cough! :P

A tour is inevitable now clearly, but I really hope they come to Ireland. I think Mick said somewhere to someone that they're going to just take a break now for the rest of the summer and see what happens after that, which may suggest gigs in the winter, which means an arena tour like in America the last couple of months. Those venues were all around 20,000+ as far as I know (could be wrong) and the biggest indoor place here is the o2 with 13,000 or whatever it is. So would they play it? Would the arenas in Europe generally be smaller anyway or what like? I know they played the old point on the Licks tour in 2003 when there was a smaller capacity but it's a different show now like with all this tongue pit craic.

Did they have that moveable stage thing in the point in '03 I wonder?...

They played All Down the Line as their 'by request' song.
    It would be unreal if they did come to Ireland. This tour has been really successful so hopefully this will give them the desire to keep going.
    I am just so happy to have gotten to see them, and more than that I'm happy that I wasn't disappointed because I had such high hopes.

They played All Down the Line as their 'by request' song.
    It would be unreal if they did come to Ireland. This tour has been really successful so hopefully this will give them the desire to keep going.
    I am just so happy to have gotten to see them, and more than that I'm happy that I wasn't disappointed because I had such high hopes.

Was everyone like "dafuq???" when he messed up the intro or did nobody care?

I say no one cared if they did notice to be honest. That was the only mistake I noticed during the night anyway although there could have been more.
    I think everyone was just too excited to care.
    In fairness to Jagger he is some frontman.

In fairness to Jagger he is some frontman.

That would be an understatement. He is the ultimate frontman! :D
    If I'm half as healthy and agile at half his age I'll be delighted. :P :L my father always says he looks like constantly has fleas :L

I'm a big Keith fan myself, but Mick is amazing for his age. The man has serious moves! :)

Advertisement