Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from radio

Options
  • 02-01-2012 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

Yet again ive been banned from radio by bbability.
    This guy is unable to see both sides of an argument as have a track record of taking sides,ie his take on the radio forum.
    He has repeatedly banned me and is not aproachable either via the pm system i have the messages and conversations to back this up.
    Its evident throughout the forum that if something is said he does not like threats come out like there is no tomorow.
    The inability to have an equal mind on something is not there,therefor does not entail right to be moderating a particular topic.
    Be it a "heated debate" so to speak or a misunderstanding does not give the right to jump in then issue warnings and dish out bans on a regular basis,especially when the topic is not going his way or to his liking.
    Having a personal adjenda towards a character,ie in the moderator in questions taste having a quite evident fancy towards the presenter in question;continues to dominate the thread in question .
    No disrespect to the guy but its clear that his view are always onesided which is unfair to the frequent posters on this thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Yet again ive been banned from radio by bbability.

What have you been banned for? Please provide further details.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    What have you been banned for? Please provide further details.

Banned for having a misunderstanding with another user,according to the great bbability.
    This guy constantly picks on me and there is substantial evidence to show this as well as posters who can back it up
    He has no equal mind on the thread in question,thats more than evident too.
    Plus he is not approachable via the PM system either,he either does not reply or when he does its cheeky.

Banned for having a misunderstanding with another user.

Ok, we're dealing with the ban here.

Yes, misunderstandings have been known in the past to end up with a ban on many different fora.

I'm sorry but at the present time from what you've divulged, i've still no idea as to the circumstances under which you have received your ban, and the ban is the only item under discussion on this dispute resolution forum. Once I know the detail of why you received your ban I can then review further (thread links, post references, etc.. would be useful).

Can you elaborate on the circumstances of the misunderstanding between you and another user please ?

Thank you.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57386906

Do you mods not communicate? Not been smart by asking?
    LOOK throughout this thread and see bbabilitys side taking/favouritism.
    My last BAN is on last page, Countless bans,from him countless threats from him laid bare,i will post the messages if need doing,..

Do you mods not communicate? Not been smart by asking?

Please lose the attitude. If you take a moment to read the notice at the top of the forum which you are posting in, you'll find this request:
    When you start this thread, please state what forum you have an issue with, provide links to the thread if applicable (you can get the link by logging out if you’ve been banned from the forum).

It isn't an unreasonable request to make when you are requesting for my time to be expended on your issue.
    LOOK throughout this thread and see bbabilitys side taking/favouritism

To be clear, the way this works is I will initially review your ban. That is what this forum is for. If I find it unfair or inconsistent I will then review any circumstance around or leading up to the ban. Ultimately the ban is either upheld or amended or overturned. That is the outcome of this process which you have initiated.

Thank you.

• Advertisement

Please lose the attitude. If you take a moment to read the notice at the top of the forum which you are posting in, you'll find this request:

It isn't an unreasonable request to make when you are requesting for my time to be expended on your issue.

To be clear, the way this works is I will initially review your ban. That is what this forum is for. If I find it unfair or inconsistent I will then review any circumstance around or leading up to the ban. Ultimately the ban is either upheld or amended or overturned. That is the outcome of this process which you have initiated.

Thank you.

I already stated i was not been smart nor do i have an attitude and i initially posted this from my phone as i waqs away from office thanks.

Secondly i could not log onto thread as i was banned, therefore i had to logout of thread,again all been done from phone.

I've reviewed the thread referred to.

Post #2523 appears to be the post which you have been banned for. It is:
    your obviously not a father if you are and asking that your a sad individual

Also of note, the forum moderator in this case was not to only one on the forum to take notice of your post.

I don't accept this to be a misunderstanding between you and another user as you previously described it. You may regret posting it, or it may have been a particularly bad choice of words, but essentially in this post you've attacked the poster. This by any account will be construed as low level personal abuse.

The radio forum operates with zero tolerance of low level abuse, trolling or baiting other forum users. Its clearly outlined in the radio forum's charter. The boards system wide guidelines also give direction on it. Thus I find the moderator action of applying a ban in this case consistent and from my view of the particular incident the ban is upheld. Simply put, if you hadn't posted in the manner which is quoted above, you wouldn't be banned presently.

Ban upheld.

I've reviewed the thread referred to.

Post #2523 appears to be the post which you have been banned for. It is:
    your obviously not a father if you are and asking that your a sad individual

Also of note, the forum moderator in this case was not to only one on the forum to take notice of your post.

I don't accept this to be a misunderstanding between you and another user as you previously described it. You may regret posting it, or it may have been a particularly bad choice of words, but essentially in this post you've attacked the poster. This by any account will be construed as low level personal abuse.

The radio forum operates with zero tolerance of low level abuse, trolling or baiting other forum users. Its clearly outlined in the radio forum's charter. The boards system wide guidelines also give direction on it. Thus I find the moderator action of applying a ban in this case consistent and from my view of the particular incident the ban is upheld. Simply put, if you hadn't posted in the manner which is quoted above, you wouldn't be banned presently.

Ban upheld.

2 months is not on plus we have now seen how unethical things are here,ONE SIDED,Is there somewhere else i can take this?
    If you think that post is a form of abuse you should look in other threads,mainly
    Friday night threads with the late late thread my post would me miniscule if this is how you feel about a misunderstanded or worded statement.

Please don't begin to question ethics or make accusations on here. You are not in a position to do so.  We are here to assist with your query not to side one way or another. 

You neglected to mention that your issue was with the duration of the ban. What I have reviewed is what you appeared to be complaining about - a ban, and on balance I have found a ban for your posting is not unreasonable or unexpected. 

I can review the duration of the ban applied if that is what your issue is. 

ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

jimmynokia: please be nice to the volunteer Cmod who is helping you - it costs nothing.

Trojan wrote: »
    jimmynokia: please be nice to the volunteer Cmod who is helping you - it costs nothing.
    Im sorry but i am been nice.
    Clearly stated yet picked up on even where suggested comments which may to some sound smart.
    I Apologise if I've offended.

Ok, no problem - just reminding you of something you consider important enough to include in your own signature :)

Cmod has upheld the ban, and I agree with that decision, so the only issue remaining is the length of the ban - do you wish to challenge that?

Trojan wrote: »
    Ok, no problem - just reminding you of something you consider important enough to include in your own signature :)

Cmod has upheld the ban, and I agree with that decision, so the only issue remaining is the length of the ban - do you wish to challenge that?
    Signature?
    Yes i wish ti challenge the ban please. Thanks.
    Note im posting from phone atm.

I've reviewed the context in the lead up to the present ban and the claim of its excessive duration. This context includes multiple infractions within the same forum - yellows, reds, and a series of bans - 25th May, 8th June, 27th July, 7th of September, and more recently 1st of Jan 2012. The bans have ramped up in terms of their duration from the initial ban of a number of days to months in duration.

A ban when issued is at the moderators discretion and in the normal course of events will be ramped up in duration on subsequent bans to do two things - (a) give the forum a break from the poster, and (b) give the troublesome poster a break from the forum hoping that the err of the ways will be seen while they have time to reflect being unable to post.

You had reached a point of having a number of consecutive 1 month bans. Through your actions you are leaving a moderator with very little other option in terms of what to do than to increase the ban duration. The only place to go for the moderator - as basically the message does not appear to be getting through to you that there is a particular way of behaving on forum which is at odds with that which you outwardly display - is to extend the ban until ultimately the moderator decides, the forum has had enough of a particular poster and applies a permanent ban. Without prejudice, I'd suggest that you are probably 1 more ban from a perma-ban.

If you follow the logic above which is broadly how most fora on boards operates then to arrive at a point of a 2 month ban for behaviour not permitted by both boards.ie guidelines and forum charters, after having a number of bans on the same forum, is perfectly understandable.

I don't find the ban duration is made with anything other than the best interests of the forum in place. Thus, as a moderation decision in review, I am perfectly comfortable with the decision of bbability. It is consistent with other decisions across boards and proportionate to the history of the poster in question.

However although being satisfied given the circumstances I have found for the duration of the ban to stand, oddly enough the moderator which you appear to have such a difficulty with bbability, has spoken to me on your behalf and has requested leniency on the review and has recommended that I might consider a reduction in the duration of the ban on this occasion. I am therefore - on the recommendation of the bbability, going to reduce the ban by half the original duration, to a one months duration.

I should also say that I expect for you to consider that your sporadic behaviour on the radio forum - particularly on the Ryan Tubridy thread is causing difficulty for you, and if you wish to continue posting on that forum in the future that you would alter your behaviour to be more consitent with the boards guidelines and radio forum charter or it is not inconsistent or unreasonable to expect that you would ultimately be removed from the forum altogether and prevented from further posting there.

Therefore, your ban should be lifted on 1st of February, 2012. If not done before end of the day on 1st then please PM me to attend to it.

Thank you.

I've reviewed the context in the lead up to the present ban and the claim of its excessive duration. This context includes multiple infractions within the same forum - yellows, reds, and a series of bans - 25th May, 8th June, 27th July, 7th of September, and more recently 1st of Jan 2012. The bans have ramped up in terms of their duration from the initial ban of a number of days to months in duration.

A ban when issued is at the moderators discretion and in the normal course of events will be ramped up in duration on subsequent bans to do two things - (a) give the forum a break from the poster, and (b) give the troublesome poster a break from the forum hoping that the err of the ways will be seen while they have time to reflect being unable to post.

You had reached a point of having a number of consecutive 1 month bans. Through your actions you are leaving a moderator with very little other option in terms of what to do than to increase the ban duration. The only place to go for the moderator - as basically the message does not appear to be getting through to you that there is a particular way of behaving on forum which is at odds with that which you outwardly display - is to extend the ban until ultimately the moderator decides, the forum has had enough of a particular poster and applies a permanent ban. Without prejudice, I'd suggest that you are probably 1 more ban from a perma-ban.

If you follow the logic above which is broadly how most fora on boards operates then to arrive at a point of a 2 month ban for behaviour not permitted by both boards.ie guidelines and forum charters, after having a number of bans on the same forum, is perfectly understandable.

I don't find the ban duration is made with anything other than the best interests of the forum in place. Thus, as a moderation decision in review, I am perfectly comfortable with the decision of bbability. It is consistent with other decisions across boards and proportionate to the history of the poster in question.

However although being satisfied given the circumstances I have found for the duration of the ban to stand, oddly enough the moderator which you appear to have such a difficulty with bbability, has spoken to me on your behalf and has requested leniency on the review and has recommended that I might consider a reduction in the duration of the ban on this occasion. I am therefore - on the recommendation of the bbability, going to reduce the ban by half the original duration, to a one months duration.

I should also say that I expect for you to consider that your sporadic behaviour on the radio forum - particularly on the Ryan Tubridy thread is causing difficulty for you, and if you wish to continue posting on that forum in the future that you would alter your behaviour to be more consitent with the boards guidelines and radio forum charter or it is not inconsistent or unreasonable to expect that you would ultimately be removed from the forum altogether and prevented from further posting there.

Therefore, your ban should be lifted on 1st of February, 2012. If not done before end of the day on 1st then please PM me to attend to it.

Thank you.

Thanks! to you and bbability for this decision.
    I will behave in future and have an open mind.

Glad to see it resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement