Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird phonecall

Options
  • 02-01-2012 6:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi, I got a call today from a 086 number i do not know, at the time i could not take the call and hit reject(meant to press silent) anyway when i went to call back it said" were sorry this number is not in service please check the number and try again" Is this a little weird? i wondered was it a cold call from some telesales using a dud 086 number as people would be more likly to answer than a private or hidden number

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eimear10

yes that is strange , could just be a wrong number..

A few weeks ago this strange number used to call me but when i answered it would hand up.

Then when i called it back it ring my self on the other line.... i continued to call the number to see what would happen as sometimes it would not call myself.

then a voice answered and i said i had gotten a few missed calls off this number and the other person said the same thing. Rang meteor and they had no idea what it was and only offered to block the number from calling me.

Left it for a few weeks and then i get a call from the same number again and i answer it and it was a lady looking for a furniture shop in Manchester so i told her what was going on and asked her what phone number she was calling off and it was an english mobile, not the number that was showing up on my caller id!!

very strange all together , has anything like this happened to anyone else? seems like a crazy divert or something !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Hijpo

i got a call on my mobile from a dublin landline twice and when i rang back it said the number wasnt in service??

Advertisement