Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for kids party entertainment

Options
  • 02-01-2012 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

We are having a birthday party next month. just looking around for party entertainer for kids age 3-5.
    any suggestions? i would appreciate some suggestions from your own experience and what's the normal price for it?
    Thanks ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

where are you based?
    Some will charge for the hour, some will charge per child (esp things like balloon animals/ face painting).

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kristine86

arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭marlie2005

Giggles the clown is based in the south east and travels. i personally have never hired him for an event so am unaware of cost but have seen him in action many many times and think he is brilliant with the kids..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

To be honest at that age you'd be as well to organise your own entertainment and save the money. Pass the parcel, a colouring table, a crafts table would all go down just as well as anything else for a 3 or 4 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Orion wrote: »
    To be honest at that age you'd be as well to organise your own entertainment and save the money. Pass the parcel, a colouring table, a crafts table would all go down just as well as anything else for a 3 or 4 year old.

+1

we had an entertainer at our wedding and most of the kids of this age were more freaked out than entertained. some things that we've done at our kids parties are beads,crowns or masks (make something to take home), musical statues, coconut shy, pin the tail on the donkey, icing biscuits, make your own pizza, treasure hunt, bubbles, lucky dip,piniata. if you have a sandpit you can spray paint stones gold and silver and dig for buried treasure. i found its a good idea to have a few things set up so kids can wander between activities without any one thing being too crowded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'd agree on the age thing too. My good friend Con is thefamilymagician.com and my sister was asking about getting him for a party for my niece, but I told her not yet, wait till she's around 7 or so, Con said this was the best age. I've seen Con perform myself and he's excellent and great with kids, well organised also to make things easier on the parents so maybe worth a call. Can't wait to see him perform again for my own niece!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭lace

I'd recommend grabbing a neighbour/relative who's good with arts and crafts and getting them to act as face painter. Very small kids like that won't sit for elaborate face painting and won't know if it's a little bit shaky or off. Anyone who can draw a few stripes or a flower will be good enough to keep them entertained.

If you do buy paints I'd recommend Snazaroos. I'm a facepainter and use them myself - they're water based, easy to get off and I would never use anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Can defo give a good recomendation on this.

Jennifer & the animals entertained my 5 yr old & 15 other young children for 1.5 hours. Brilliant Fun & the kids even get to feed a Micro Pig.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Party-Pets-Dublin/168220629904073

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kristine86

i am mother of 2 boys and i know how to entertain the kids,trust me! have done pirate birthday party with all the face painting and craft tables etc have done summer birthday parties with all the possible stuff you can do outside in the big garden they even had a chance to draw on 20m long wall with chalk but they get bored really quickly, we were going to this music-singing -playing group where boys were exited with the lady who was doing dancing and singing and playing with them, and were so focused and entertained for more than an hour, so for once i would like to enjoy the party too and would like to try something different :)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Askim

Hi

Looking for any recommendations for an entertainer in south Kildare area??

Is it just me or does €130 an hour seem a tad expensive, even giving them 30 mins travel either side !

Rgds
    A

• Advertisement
Advertisement