Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New iPhone question....

• 02-01-2012 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

So I bought a iPhone 4s the other day and have a problem I can't seem to find the answer to.

So with my old iPhone 3 i downloaded a lot of podcasts from iTunes, no problem took only a min or two to download a 2 hour podcast but with my iPhone 4s it takes ages to download podcasts, does anyone know what i can do?

( It's connected to the same wireless router )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Have you tried resetting the network settings on the 4S i.e. "forget this network" option and then reconnecting? That could be causing the problem.

Or you could always download them on your computer and transfer them over via sync cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭JohnSmith17

Yes tried that but it didn't work

Sometimes it works fine, really fast download but then other times it takes hours.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

It sounds to me like a network problem between you and itunes. It could be just a fault in apple's servers where they are storing the particular podcast your downloading, that would explain why others would download faster (stored on different servers).

Have you tried resetting your modem?

Or you could manually enter new DNS settings on your iphone, that could help. You can use either google's public DNS's which are 8.8.8.8 for the primary and 8.8.4.4 for secondary. There is openDNS too which is 208.67.222.222 primary and 208.67.220.220 secondary. They could help, but it's unlikely.

Advertisement