Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Track down a Management Company??

Options
  • 02-01-2012 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

I had a nasty fall in a small retail unit in Waterford on new years eve, I have a fractured bone in my wrist and ache from head to toe! The fall was due to the floor being tiled and wet, now I am not looking for anything from them before anyone starts to give out to me, what I want is for them to at least to put down some mats, as while I will be fine, if it were my mam or another elderly person then they would have surely broken a hip! I just want them to put some safety precautions in place before someone gets seriously injured. So how do I go about finding out who owns it/management company? I have googled it but getting nothing so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Did you go in and ask anyone there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

No, am back up in Dublin now and was too sore and shocked at the time to do anything. A girl from the tattoo shop came out to help us but I could not get back up at the time as I was too sore and felt very faint. All I wanted to do was get home, its only now that I am back home with my cast on, that it is occuring to me to report it to the management company as being dangerous before someone seriously gets hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

allgirlz wrote: »
    I had a nasty fall in a small retail unit in Waterford on new years eve,

I don't understand why you need the management company. Surely the retail unit is responsible.

dayshah wrote: »
    I don't understand why you need the management company. Surely the retail unit is responsible.
    Sorry I didn't explain properly it was outside the shops in the corridor, I was walking along the corridor when I had the fall. Don't want to name the place just in case but it is a small group of shops and you can walk through the unit to get through to the street behind if that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

Maybe your best bet is to contact the health and safety authority explaining the situation to them, I am sure they will be able to notify the relevant bodies responsible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If you send me a PM ill probably be able to point you in the right direction. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Sounds to me like you need to contact a solicitor and get compensated for the broken wrist and the trauma associated if you feel the company was negligent in any way.
    Never mind the idiots here that tell you off for filing a claim, if you were injured and someone else was at fault for that injury, you are entitled by law to be compensated.

Try this site for guidence..

http://www.injuriesboard.ie/eng/?gclid=CM6Oncq2sa0CFcod4QodjVVung

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

funfair is right you are defo entitled to be compensated for your trauma and injury at the negligence of there behalf, contact a solicitor and get advice, and if your pursue it they,ll find out who owns/manages the said property, a good solicitor for this sort of case in waterford would be hilary delahunty of HR delahunty solicitors johns street waterford, he,ll put ya in the right direction and give ya the best advice

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Jesus lads I know they did wrong not having the place suitable for walking, but to suggest milking it and suing them seems a bit extreme. Is it any wonder why insurance is so expensive in this country!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tobey

i take it this is walk way between parnell street and johns street? if so the problem is from greese form bodega resturant as the back doors are just on the corner and the owner of the building is the guy who owns and run rainbow records on new street.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone, I am not pursuing this for compensation reasons. I am fine, bit sore from the impact of the fall but now my wrist has been treated I will be grand in a few weeks.
    Sully I appreciate your help, hopefully I will be able to track the owners down and get them to sort this issue out. Thanks again for the replies :)

tobey wrote: »
    i take it this is walk way between parnell street and johns street? if so the problem is from greese form bodega resturant as the back doors are just on the corner and the owner of the building is the guy who owns and run rainbow records on new street.

Haven't been in there in years. Whats in there now beside the tattoo place?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tobey

http://www.rainbowrecords.ie/ owners of the building

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Sully wrote: »

Haven't been in there in years. Whats in there now beside the tattoo place?

Nothing, two head shop style stores opened just before the ban and closed.

Bodega use a unit for storage and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Have you considered givin this guy a ring

magnum_pi.jpg

Magnum P.I. has never let me down

tobey wrote: »
    http://www.rainbowrecords.ie/ owners of the building
    Thanks a million, just spoke to him. Now he does not own the place outright but is part of a consortium, however he was very helpful and is going to follow this up on my behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

this is turning into "the whats inside broadstreet centre thread" lol but "whats inside the place on parnell street"

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

Sully wrote: »
    Jesus lads I know they did wrong not having the place suitable for walking, but to suggest milking it and suing them seems a bit extreme. Is it any wonder why insurance is so expensive in this country!

I agree with ya Sully, but unfortunately some of these companies do nothing until their hand is forced, ie money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

Up2NoGood wrote: »

I agree with ya Sully, but unfortunately some of these companies do nothing until their hand is forced, ie money.

Which is why i suggested he contact the HSA who have powers to enforce safety

Www.hsa.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rainbowtom

Firstly let me wish allgirlz a speedy recovery.I am the owner of rainbow records but only part owner of Parnell Court.The floor area in question is made slippy/greasy by staff from the Bodega passing to a storage area in Parnell Court.The matter is being investigated and I will be talking to allgirlz in due course.

• Advertisement
Advertisement