Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

13.5 or 23% vat on insulation?

• 02-01-2012 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I was looking at insulation build 4 less and I see he has vat added on at 23% (effective yesterday 1st Jan). I thought home improvement materials and works were meant to be charged at the reduced rate of 13.5% as per revenue website?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Gareth2011 wrote: »
    Hey all,

I was looking at insulation build 4 less and I see he has vat added on at 23% (effective yesterday 1st Jan). I thought home improvement materials and works were meant to be charged at the reduced rate of 13.5% as per revenue website?

reduced rate is AFAIK only for supply and fit ie works, subject to 2/3rds rule

see post 7 here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056230466

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Materials only 23%.
    Labour + materials 13.5%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

Looks like your both right. I never really looked at it properly to begin with. Can either of you recommend good place to get Knauf insulation with ecose? I can get other insulation (not brand name) for 16 (incl vat) a roll for 100,150 and 200 but I perfere the knauf cause its supposed to last longer or does all insulation (glass fibre) last for 30 or 40 years regardless of name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Gareth2011 wrote: »
    Looks like your both right. I never really looked at it properly to begin with. Can either of you recommend good place to get Knauf insulation with ecose? I can get other insulation (not brand name) for 16 (incl vat) a roll for 100,150 and 200 but I perfere the knauf cause its supposed to last longer or does all insulation (glass fibre) last for 30 or 40 years regardless of name?

Glad to help with VAT, I am 'righter' as the 2/3rd rule is key and revenue are now clamping down on the abuse of the 13.5% big time as mula is scarce: the link I posted spells out how u make sure the problem is contractors and not urs

Cant help with stuff, dont use fg anymore

Advertisement