Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken casuals 15th Jan

Options
  • 02-01-2012 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

I just thought I'd let everyone know that there's some T6BR casuals on the 15th of January in the XGC and all are welcome.

So far myself and Ixayek_usurper are going, and hopefully Nani, Aurongroove, Mantys and another friend of Ixayek_usurper.

Oh and I'll of course bring Hybrid for some TTT1 and TTT2 action. A few FT5's etc, should be fun! And if we get enough people then maybe we can just start going to the normal fighting game community casuals.

\(^0^)/

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Ok, here's a mental idea, and I know I'm thinking outside the box here. But why don't you show up when everyone else is having casuals? You know, so you can try and get some fresh members into the game or encourage the few people who've messed with it and like it (me and a few others) to get better.

There's about 50 consoles in the XGC, it's not like we're stuck for room.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

cool, theres also casuals on wednesday, people are up for some tekken then as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Ok, here's a mental idea, and I know I'm thinking outside the box here.

That could a fresh shift in the paradigm. I like it. We should touch base later and conference on how best to get some forward momentum while maintaining synergy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

While i cant show up to casuals for a couple of weeks because of exams, i really like tekken and would be happy to play it at any casuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Just have it on the Wednesday casuals, I'll be there and be happy to play Tekken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

I actually have shown up to these casuals before, but no one else who plays Tekken was interested in coming along. I think maybe Ixayek_usurper might be interested as well. The idea was to try and get everyone together for this and then maybe talk about how to approach the whole thing again.

You have to understand Tekken does take a big commitment to get good at and I personally find it kinda hard to make room in my life for another game which I could potentially take to competitive levels (only 1 or 2 other people who I could potentially get a hold of play the game as much as me). I mean the only gamer I know who's exceptionally good at 3D and 2D games is Ryan Hart.

But I suppose if I was contempt with being "very very below average" at all other games it would be fun to just come along and play everything. :) Are you guys gonna play SC5? I'll defo come along for that! Oh and SFXT of course

Sorry I'm not trying to offend anyone! Does this make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

the only gamer I know who's exceptionally good at 3D and 2D games is Ryan Hart.

I'm offended

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I actually have shown up to these casuals before, but no one else who plays Tekken was interested in coming along. I think maybe Ixayek_usurper might be interested as well. The idea was to try and get everyone together for this and then maybe talk about how to approach the whole thing again.

You have to understand Tekken does take a big commitment to get good at and I personally find it kinda hard to make room in my life for another game which I could potentially take to competitive levels (only 1 or 2 other people who I could potentially get a hold of play the game as much as me). I mean the only gamer I know who's exceptionally good at 3D and 2D games is Ryan Hart.

But I suppose if I was contempt with being "very very below average" at all other games it would be fun to just come along and play everything. :) Are you guys gonna play SC5? I'll defo come along for that! Oh and SFXT of course

Sorry I'm not trying to offend anyone! Does this make sense?

I don't think there's a game that doesn't take a big commitment to get into.

I'd personally be interested in playing Tekken but I don't have the time to attend two different casuals the same weekend.

Please don't get me wrong, I understand every game takes a big commitment. I'm just meant that I'm not sure my life can accommodate taking another game to competitive levels. But like, it doesn't mean I can't just play casually

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Onion's point isn't that the Tekken players should have casuals at the same time so they can play other games, it's so you guys can get the rest of us interested in Tekken and help revive your scene for TTT2. There are quite a few players of other games who like Tekken and it already gets some play at casuals.

I think his post may not have expressed this correctly because we've all already been driven absolutely ****ing mental by trying to encourage Tekken players to come to casuals and tournaments and nobody ever showing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I mean the only gamer I know who's exceptionally good at 3D and 2D games is Ryan Hart.

You have angered Murderface/Iceman/(whatever he's calling himself now)

z7yaL.jpg

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Onion's point isn't that the Tekken players should have casuals at the same time so they can play other games, it's so you guys can get the rest of us interested in Tekken and help revive your scene for TTT2. There are quite a few players of other games who like Tekken and it already gets some play at casuals.

I think his post may not have expressed this correctly because we've all already been driven absolutely ****ing mental by trying to encourage Tekken players to come to casuals and tournaments and nobody ever showing up.

That's fair enough. I would rather have done it the same day as you guys to be honest, but for this first meet up in ages we're just trying to find a date all we "Tekken heads" can come. The date wasn't just pulled out of the sky you know?

And again cause of college/work etc we can't really do anything till mid January.

And K.O.Kiki I have absolutely no idea what your talking about...Sorry! :) ㅎㅎㅎㅎ

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

That's fair enough. I would rather have done it the same day as you guys to be honest, but for this first meet up in ages we're just trying to find a date all we "Tekken heads" can come. The date wasn't just pulled out of the sky you know?

And again cause of college/work etc we can't really do anything till mid January.

And K.O.Kiki I have absolutely no idea what your talking about...Sorry! :) ㅎㅎㅎㅎ

Hi, Can I join the casuals? tis been ages since I last played BR (I think 5-6 months ago), what time would it normally starts?

Btw, do you guys use hori sticks etc. or you use the normal controllers?

Cheers

Hi, yeah of course come along it's a completely open invite.

An exact time is yet to be confirmed, but I'd say it will be around 12pm.

And we all use controller/pads.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Plumpynuter

You playing on xbox? Is the date the 15th of Jan (Sunday)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Orim wrote: »
    That could a fresh shift in the paradigm. I like it. We should touch base later and conference on how best to get some forward momentum while maintaining synergy. :pac:

Oh gawd no it's like talking to the money-men at work. :pac:

You playing on xbox? Is the date the 15th of Jan (Sunday)?

Yeah the 15th jan on Sunday. And I think we all play on PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Just to point out, I think Sunday might be bad for some people who attend on Wednesdays and Saturdays anyway. Why not just have it on the Saturday? I'll come if I can either way.

Thanks, it's slightly possibly it might be changed to Sat. But I won't know for a few days. For now it's still Sunday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mantys

I haven't played the game yet. And I "work" on weekends.

• Advertisement

Okay the date is still definitely the 15th. And there's four people confirmed. With 2-3 possibile extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Or... You could change the date to a saturday, and get 25 people.... Maybe more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Xinkai wrote: »
    Or... You could change the date to a saturday, and get 25 people.... Maybe more.

Or maybe instead of playing with 25 random people on a day that doesn't suit he could play with the 4 people who were trying to arrange a meetup on a day that does suit.
    I'm sure now that theres a bit of interest shown from other fg players for Tekken that maybe the guys will come to the Wednesday and Saturday casuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Should be able to make this for a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

I have never been to XGC, but i assume thay have some xbox consoles there also.
    I shall bring my Hori stick (for xbox) and T6 for xbox also. :)
    I can make the saturday too.

@bigstupidguy:
    Can you make the saturday also?
    I can make both, and by both of us going on the saturday, we could help some peeps get into the game and would bode well for future gatherings :)

What time are the regualar xgc casuals on a saturday?

Yeah sure I can come Saturday also, that would be fun. I'll bring everything I have Fighting Game related :) PS3 controller, PS3 Arcade Stick, and each game for PS3. Sorry I have no xbox stuff!

I think they usually start at 2? But I'd rather go earlier if anyone else is.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Awesome.
    Yeah i'll pop in there early an we can have few games man.

I'll aim for 1 so, it'll be 1.30 @ the latest :) (on the saturday)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Make sure to talk to a few of the lads, I'm pretty sure Onion, Chuey and Kurotao are interested in Tekken to name a few. They'll just keep playing whatever they're playing if you dno't speak up :D

Hey no problem! I'm very socialable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Abugarcia

That sounds great only hearing bout this now:)

Advertisement