Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken casuals 15th Jan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

If I'm at the house I'll go.

If XGC allow for signing into PSN I can download the old tekkens I have in my account for us all to point and laugh at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 nani

And ill take ma camcorder with me so we can record some matches and post them on YU TUUUBE.

That and a post on TZ should help us generate more interest in the local scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Wow good idea I'll practice extra hard now! Don't want the guys on zaibatsu looking at my asuka and making fun of my defense! x)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Will try get in about 12.30. Not played since last tournament which was probably a year ago so will suck!

batman_oh wrote: »
    Will try get in about 12.30. Not played since last tournament which was probably a year ago so will suck!

Are you coming sat or sun?

• Advertisement

Are you coming sat or sun?

which is best?!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Not going to make it Sat or Sun. Sorry lads, hope to get a few games in another time.

which is best?!

More Tekken players Sunday, but sure there's craic to be had either day I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mantys

@nani: where are the vids? :eek::confused::mad:

We got some videos of Bob. Really solid player!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

Sorry I couldn't make this.

Big Stupid mentioned there was a chap who lived nearby our house. was it the Hworang player?
    If so, yourself, me'self and Big Stu McGuy should probably have a few Beers and winner stays on.

couldnt make it at the weekend due to bout of manflu. if anybody is near city centre tuesdays or thursday would work for me and maybe next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

@ Aurongroove:
    That'd be me man :)
    And yep i'm a Hwo player. Definitely up for some games and beers.
    I'm around all week till saturday.

Bigstupidguy has my contact ;-)

GG's to everybody that came, and hope people enjoyed it.
    Hope some more of the guys who attend the regular sat casuals get interested in picking up the game.
    More than happy to help anyone out.

@batman_oh:
    We'll see how things pan out, but thurs might be an option for myself (since i'm not gonna be around this or next wkend)

Defo be up for a few games anyway. Weekends are tough for me usually. Havent played it at all since the last tournamnet held but should be able to get back to a level where i dont suck if the option to play actual people is there. Tried Online the other day against one of the guys that was in the tournies we ran and the lag just drove me nuts. The game sucks online, plain and simple. It's totally different and no fun - why I gave up on it!

Defo be up for a few games anyway. Weekends are tough for me usually. Havent played it at all since the last tournamnet held but should be able to get back to a level where i dont suck if the option to play actual people is there. Tried Online the other day against one of the guys that was in the tournies we ran and the lag just drove me nuts. The game sucks online, plain and simple. It's totally different and no fun - why I gave up on it!

Who were you at the tourneys? I can't really remember sorry! It's been to long...

Would love to play

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

i can make it weekdays after work but that'll be in the evening around 6-ish

Who were you at the tourneys? I can't really remember sorry! It's been to long...
    Would love to play

Aaron - came 2nd in the ones i entered as the French guy Jeff kept beating me :pac:

Would love to play

Aaron - came 2nd in the ones i entered as the French guy Jeff kept beating me :pac:

Haha I remember you beat him the first time though. Your a class player! Never got to play you though...

Haha I remember you beat him the first time though. Your a class player! Never got to play you though...

sure get some games soon. weekends are a bit of a write off for me usually

Who we're you playing online anyway? That Yoshi guy or Jeff?

• Advertisement

Who we're you playing online anyway? That Yoshi guy or Jeff?

The yoshi guy. Getting hit by lows that are easy to block and missing loads of things just gets very annoying very fast! Was a quick reminder of why i hated it to begin with! Never again :D
    Can you do any weekdays?

Ah don't feel so bad he kills Jeff online too I hear. The only way I can beat him online is to spam a bunch of hopcicks and unsafe moves which makes me very bad very fast....

I think that Fridays are realistically the only weekdays I can make a round trip to Dublin. How are they for you? Might be able to coax bob down after his work too! Luckily me and our new Haowrang player live next to eachother and can get easy offline sessions. If your ever around Maynooth we could do that too.

Ah don't feel so bad he kills Jeff online too I hear. The only way I can beat him online is to spam a bunch of hopcicks which makes me a very bad player very quickly.... And for some reason asukas db4,3 which is of course suicide offline. No disrespect to anyone thats just what happens everytime....

I think that Fridays are realistically the only weekdays I can make a round trip to Dublin. How are they for you? Might be able to coax bob down after his work too! Luckily me and our new Haowrang player live next to eachother and can get easy offline sessions. If your ever around Maynooth we could do that too.

I dont feel bad just annoyed at how crap it was :D
    Could maybe try do a Saturday at some stage early. Sunday is basically impossible. Could prob drop out there when the weather gets better if you have somewhere i can lob a motorbike!

Sure let us know when you can do either a Saturday or Friday and we can try organise something for everyone to come. Personally I rather go early anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭trecs

I'm in - Fridays and Sat would suite me :)

I'm away in galway this thurs to Sunday. But the following week I can come in either day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Attention Tekken guys:

Turn up at the Exchange, temple bar, Dublin on these dates:

Saturday 28th Jan /Saturday 4th Feb

I can be there on the 4th. What's happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Tournaments.

Gotta learn, son.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

None of them are Tekken tournaments though.

Advertisement