Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken casuals 15th Jan

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ok, lets try and actually make a productive post here :D

There'a few fighting game tournaments on those weekends. Might be worth your while sticking your head in and taking a look if you're about. But don't go out of your way.

There's no Tekken on though. There used to be, but sadly no one every showed up for them, so tournament organisers stopped running them.

I would guess Voa would not be against running Tekken occasionally at Day of Champions if people would actually show for it (we've organised tournaments before when exactly zero people did).

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Ooh sorry about that, I never even knew. But we seem to have a solid group of about five or so guys now!

Possibly double that if you guys played, and one or two more lazy Tekken heads showed up :)

If I'm around I'll show up, I think I'll be in Dublin on the 4th anyway. Thanks!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ooh sorry about that, I never even knew. But we seem to have a solid group of about five or so guys now!

Possibly double that if you guys played, and one or two more lazy Tekken heads showed up :)

If I'm around I'll show up, I think I'll be in Dublin on the 4th anyway. Thanks!

To be honest, all you need for a fun tournament is 8 people, if they're the right people :)

I really hope you can build something up, as it is it's already awesome seeing BB, KoF, MvC and MK resurging as for the first 18 months or so all we saw was SF. While SF is my favourite game I like all fgs really and if the last year proved anything is that our strength is in numbers.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

For the record, I would enter a Tekken Tourney at DoC.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

As would ixayek and myself. And maybe trecs and aurongroove and batman_oh and nani. Heck a tournament might even attract that simon guy and glitzko.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

the last one didn't go well...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

You need to turn up on those days regardless of whether there is tekken being played.

You gotta network.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

You need to turn up on those days regardless of whether there is tekken being played.

You gotta network.

Why would they "need" to? It'd be cool to have the Tekken guys down on those days if any of them are around town, see how we run tournaments etc. and have a chat about running Tekken events in future, but I don't think it's imperative or anything. You're blowing it a bit out of proportion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

They clearly want a scene, and have been struggling for well over a year at this stage to sort it out.

By turning up when the rest of the people are around They've got a much better chance of starting something than by running random casuals and tournies on a Sunday once every 4 months.

Advertisement