Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First tattoo - help!!

Options
  • 02-01-2012 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I'm thinking about getting a tattoo for the first time. I want to get an iris flower. I'm not sure what part of my body I want to get on. Can anyone give me any advice? Also, I'm in Waterford. Can anyone recommend a good studio?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Heard only good things about JMD in Waterford.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/JMDs-Body-Art/108352915861047

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HungryFish

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

I've had work done by Ian in JMD's, cant fault it

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dillonnollid

im 14 and im very big for my age ... i hit puberty when i was very young , at this stage it just about taller then my dad , im going to the gym alot and im on protein shakes , i was wondering if i got a tattoo now on the top of my shoulder , after a few years would it stretch ? and if it did stretch could i tattoo over it and would it look good as new ?
    thanks, dillon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Hey Dillon,
    No tattooist with any sort of reputation that they want to uphold will tattoo someone under 18, it's not illegal per say but there is a general rule among good artists. So if someone is willing to tattoo you then they are not someone you want tattooing you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Dillonnollid

well the guy who i might be getting mine from did it for a few of my friends , they all came out great :) but why wait until im 18 ? will the skin stretch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

So if someone is willing to tattoo you then they are not someone you want tattooing you.

^ This primarily.

If someone is willing to tattoo a minor, then they are obviously not able to get enough work legitimately, which would lead me to question the quality of their work. And yes, your body is still developing too, so this will mean your tattoo could get distorted too.
    Seriously, trust us, and wait till you're at least 18. Loads of us would have loved tattoos before we were 18, but the majority of people who do get one that young end up seriously regretting what they get done, as their tastes change dramatically as they get older, and they end up hating what they got done at such a young age. Why not spend this time instead trying to think of what you definitely want tattooed on your body for life, drawing up/searching for different tattoo ideas, printing them out, sticking them up on your wall, and seeing how long it takes for you to get sick of the designs. You could also start saving so that when you are old enough, you will be able to go to the best artist for the style that you want done, rather than someone shady that's willing to tattoo people that are too young to make decisions that may impact the rest of their life!

Advertisement