Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misc. Awards - Film That Deserved Better - Nomination Thread

Options
  • 02-01-2012 12:42pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭

• Please nominate for the Film that Deserved Better in 2011!
    • Only 2 nominations per person
    • You can justify your selections if you want, but don't criticise other peoples' selections
    • The movie must have been in Irish Cinemas between January 1st and December 31st 2011
    • This is the second of three nomination waves. The rest will follow over the next few days, followed by voting.
    • A list of potential candidates can be found here, although please feel free to nominate anything not included.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,676 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Just to be clear, this category is for films that you thought were good but weren't as well received either critically or financially as the film deserved, or maybe didn't get a wide-release. So you might use it nominate a film that you think was underrated or didn't get as much attention as it deserved.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,676 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Stone

Miss Bala

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Snowtown

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Cold Weather

Summer Wars

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Warrior
    Beginners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Anonymous
    The Greatest Movie Ever Sold

Senna probably my film of the year. Did well in cinemas but thought it should have done better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Little White Lies - Compared to a French version of a Julia Roberts chick flick in one national newspaper 'review'. I thought it was genuinely moving and also very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭p to the e

I must seriously have been the only person who thought The Beaver was worth watching not just to say you saw Mel Gibson's last film ever (you know it's true).
    I really did not want to see 50/50 as I thought (like a lot of people) that the pairing of Joseph Gordon Levitt and Seth Rogen just wouldn't work but in fact it was one of the more enjoyable films this year with some good genuine comedy mixed up with deep heart felt moments of friendship.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Senna probably my film of the year. Did well in cinemas but thought it should have done better

Senna was a huge critical and commercial success, so I really don't think it's the right fit for this category. Again, we're looking at films that were either hugely underrated, underviewed or were undeservedly buried at release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Warrior

Moneyball - I know it got good reviews but the Irish movie going public didnt seem to be falling over each other to go see it. I myself went on opening night to cineworld and the place was half empty(9pm screening at that).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Warrior

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

TrollHunter

Warrior

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Warrior

The Adjustment Bureau

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Was Cold Weather in cinemas over here? If so, that.

Renn wrote: »
    Was Cold Weather in cinemas over here? If so, that.

Went straight to DVD with little fanfare, so it definitely counts!

Should've made it clearer it can mean that either, but couldn't be bothered editing all the threads :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Everything must go and submarine.

I think both did reasonably well critically afaik but never heard of again for whatever reason.

Submarine was beautifully shot I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Snowtown
    TrollHunter

I Come with the Rain

Get Low

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Fast and the Furious 5 - the most illegally downloaded film of the year and unfairly harsh reviews

The Greatest Film Ever Sold - Was in the cinema for the blink of an eye

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Warrior

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Barney's Version

The Lincoln Lawyer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement