Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscam folly and other places...

Options

Comments

I'm not sure if this is theMenlo Dolmen you are referring to?

I was built by the council or a developer ten or so years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

I'm not sure if this is theMenlo Dolmen you are referring to?

I was built by the council or a developer ten or so years ago.

And the joke being?

If you zoom in a bit you can see a portal dolmen in front of the hotel that was built recently.

It is a modern folly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 burglecutt

You are right that that is the Justice stone its also sometimes called Judges Rock or Judges Table.

Dont know where the folly is exactly but it may be near ecclesiastical site which can be found along the shore off the Rosshill Road.

Hope this is of some sort of help.

If you zoom in a bit you can see a portal dolmen in front of the hotel that was built recently.

It is a modern folly.

That would be then the Menlo Folly and it's too modern to be of any interest yet :)
    But thanks anyways!

• Advertisement

burglecutt wrote: »
    You are right that that is the Justice stone its also sometimes called Judges Rock or Judges Table.

Dont know where the folly is exactly but it may be near ecclesiastical site which can be found along the shore off the Rosshill Road.

Hope this is of some sort of help.

Excellent, thanks! I always say I will go and see the tower by the sea and the old monastic site but I can't never find the time. I hope the folly is around there.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Here's the link to the folly, I'm not sure if it's accessible now as it's on private land.

Roscam Folly

That must be it, thank you.
    Exactly in the middle of private lands...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

lucianot wrote: »
    That must be it, thank you.
    Exactly in the middle of private lands...:(

I'm sure if you ask permission from the landowner they'll let you across to it. Don't ask, don't get!

I am shy. I'll probablly get a hot air balloon and a tele lens :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement