Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pottermore opening for the rest of us Muggles?

Options
  • 02-01-2012 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Any body know when Pottermore will be opened to the rest of us mere muggles? :eek::eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

I wouldn't be that worried...its pretty sh1t to tell the truth...major let down...the new info you find out is fun...but that doesn't take that long and after that it's just boring

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

After all the complaining and giving out about not getting my invite, I used it once and then completely forgot about it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

After all the complaining and giving out about not getting my invite, I used it once and then completely forgot about it :o

Twice for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Yeah I only briefly looked at it once too, decided I'd start rereading the books again but that never happened either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yeah I only briefly looked at it once too, decided I'd start rereading the books again but that never happened either :D

As a moderator of Harry Potter, that is blasphemous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

As a moderator of Harry Potter, that is blasphemous!

:eek: I take it back, delete delete delete.

For my sins I will dive back into the books over the weekend and I will study the new site carefully :pac:

:eek: I take it back, delete delete delete.

For my sins I will dive back into the books over the weekend and I will study the new site carefully :pac:

Ok, you are forgiven. However, if you are not true to your promise I will set dementors on you. There will be a test in exactly one week. That is all

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

So how do you get into this Pottermore website? I want to see for myself how disappointing it is! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

uber angry to hear some peoples i kinda know have access and i don't. i am a harry potter superfan and i wanna be let in.

as to reading the books. i read from 1to7 in a constant loop. along with fantastic beasts and quidditch thru the ages. although i confess i have never read my copy of the tales of beedle the bard, i am afraid to get it dirty cos i got the expensive one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Posy wrote: »
    So how do you get into this Pottermore website? I want to see for myself how disappointing it is! :p
    You just have to wait 'til whenever they decide to open it to the general public :-/

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

It's been announced that it will be open to the public in early April (not sure if I can post the whole text due to the new rules in Ireland?)

Apparently the delay is because they moved the whole site to a new platform set up

Site is now open. Kind of. You can create and validate your account, but then have to wait to receive an email that gives you full access, which may take a while due to high demand :rolleyes:

bout bloody time. i think i shall pop over and report back

Is it fully operating? Or can you only through Platform 9 3/4s to be left waiting for the train?

Yep, seems to be fully operating. Got my full access email this morning so having a look about the site now.

Yep, seems to be fully operating. Got my full access email this morning so having a look about the site now.

haven't been let in yet. argh i wish they'd hurry up. what time frame aprox was it from you registering to being granted access if you don't mind me asking

Registered about noon yesterday; access email arrived 0214 this morning.

Registered about noon yesterday; access email arrived 0214 this morning.

so approx 14 hours. cool. so i registered about half six last night so hopefully should be in by 8.30 tonight if i am lucky. :D is it nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

Is it still just the first book available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I'm in Hufflepuff! Waaaah!

• Advertisement

i'm still not in. now i am SURE i put my email addy in correctly (i spent about an hour after registering certain that i had entered it incorrectly!!) come on pottermore

hdowney wrote: »
    i'm still not in. now i am SURE i put my email addy in correctly (i spent about an hour after registering certain that i had entered it incorrectly!!) come on pottermore

Odd. My friend signed up yesterday and was in within the hour. Timescale varies from person to person seemingly.
    tomissex wrote: »
    I'm in Hufflepuff! Waaaah!

Bahahaha! :p

Odd. My friend signed up yesterday and was in within the hour. Timescale varies from person to person seemingly.

Bahahaha! :p

STILLLLL not in (damn you j k rowling) now i am paranoid that i put my email in wrong. i mean ffs like lemmeeeeeee iiiiiiiinnnnn :(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I'm in Hufflepuff as well.

Can someone please tell me how to work out the stirring in potions??? Can't get it to work for me!

mariebeth wrote: »
    I'm in Hufflepuff as well.

Can someone please tell me how to work out the stirring in potions??? Can't get it to work for me!

I just moved it from side to side when I did it. An arrow appeared showing I was going clockwise and then it counted the stirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

tomissex wrote: »
    I just moved it from side to side when I did it. An arrow appeared showing I was going clockwise and then it counted the stirs.

Thanks, I'm after realising that I was going anti-clockwise by mistake! :o I blame that on all the study I'm doing, it's frying up my brain!

turns out i got my email two days ago. only copped now that it went into my spam filter (when i re-registered. going to take my original registration - preferred the name they gave me then, and let the other one expire in seven days)

now i need the email from after vaildation to get in. hopefully i get that soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Has anyone been able to access the second book yet?

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to access the second book yet?

It's not open yet. They said to keep an eye on the Pottermore Insider for updates. Hope it'll be soon!

• Advertisement

i am going through it and am in diagon alley, i have unlocked the clothing information, but now i want to move on to gringotts (pressing right on the bottom there) and it says it is locked. have i missed something

Advertisement