Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In-Ears for around €30

• 02-01-2012 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭

What are the best in-ear phones for < €30 these days? Would mainly be using them with my Nokia mobile.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

This might help.
    I usually go with the Sennheiser CX300. Should be able to source some for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Thanks, but that seems to be aimed more at the American market, given everything is in dollars, so mightn't be much use, as I'd have to factor in high postage costs + import duties to budget. I've used Sennheisers before & been pretty happy with them but don't have enough to get the decent ones at the moment. I'm sure I probably would find cheap enough "cx300s" if I looked around but given the amount of fake Sennheisers out there (I've been stung before :( in that regard buying online) I'd prefer to maybe look at other brands rather than gamble on getting a "bargain". Are there any others in that price-range you'd suggest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

It's in dollars since the author is american and to convert that number of models with vastly different prices into euros/sterling/yen isn't the point of the review.

Look at models in the list under $50 and work from there. Most of what's on the list have international sellers that send worldwide or can be gotten from amazon.co.uk or from retailers within the EU.

Check out budget brands and models like the Soundmagic pl50, Brainwavz m2, Meelec and Xears.

Ah fair enough, a few of the offerings on there could be good, leaning towards a few of the soundmagic models having read that. Hopefully the counterfeiters haven't been working on them too so I can get a genuine pair for a decent price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I'm using Soundmagic pl-30s and can't recommend them enough. Good improvement from the Sennheiser cx300-IIs I'd been using for a couple of years beforehand.

I got mine from mp4nation.net

• Advertisement

TPD wrote: »
    I'm using Soundmagic pl-30s and can't recommend them enough. Good improvement from the Sennheiser cx300-IIs I'd been using for a couple of years beforehand.

I got mine from mp4nation.net

Just had a look at that site, looks very decent value. What was shipping time like? Was there any customs duty to pay? The brainwavz stuff they had looks pretty decent too, though I'd have to stretch my budget a bit for those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Custardpi wrote: »
    Just had a look at that site, looks very decent value. What was shipping time like? Was there any customs duty to pay? The brainwavz stuff they had looks pretty decent too, though I'd have to stretch my budget a bit for those.

Shipping took a few weeks, and customs did catch a larger item I'd ordered from that site, which was luckily worth just under €22 so I didn't have to pay.

I haven't tried the brainwavz, but I'm tempted by a pair of HM3 and a fiio amp.

Advertisement