Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS3 & Amp Issue

• 02-01-2012 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi All

Hope some one can help me out here. I have a Pioneer VSX-818 amp. I have my ps3 as one of the HDMI inputs which passes through to the TV. This always worked fine until i got a new TV last week. I got a philips 47" 4606. Now i only get a black screen when i select the HDMI input on the TV. But if i bypass the amp and connect the PS3 directly it works fine.

Also when connected through the amp if I turn the HDMI port off the TV reports no signal. Then when i turn it back on it displays that it is receiving a 1080p signal. So its clearly getting something but still just black screen.

Not sure if its some setting somewhere or what but i cant figure it out.

Hope some one can help plus if this is the wrong forum mods can you please move.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭istaunton

Yep.
    Still no joy so dont think its the cable.

Have you tried changing the output resolution of the PS3 to 1080i or 720p? , just to check that you can get a picture through the amp.

No Havent tried that. Will give it a whirl when i get home.
    Even though according to the specs the amp supports 1080p.

Thanks. I'll post back later if it works

Is the amp doing any processing of the picture? If it is you might want to turn it off and set the amp to pass-through the signal untouched.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies lads. Dont think its HDCP thing as i have tried it in the 2 HDMI ports as i thought that might be the issue as one is marked as something different to the other (Cant rememeber what it is). As for the post processing i'm not sure. I havent come across any post processing setting but thats not to say it doesnt exist.

Fingers crossed i get it sorted tonight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

Sounds like a handshake issue to me as well. Haven't had any issues with the PS3 (well I did once and it turned out to be cable, even though the cable worked on other things), but lots with certain Media Players. For example I have that same issue with a WD Live on a Sammy TV, buts its fine on my other LG TV. Flute around with settings, 24Hrz and all those type of things. Make sure both are on the latest firmware also, the PS3 and the AMP. HDMI is a moving target and lots of people have issues with handshake between the various releases..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I had an issue similar to this with my Yamaha RXV471. I found out that the Yamaha was automatically sending a signal of 1080p to my projector even though I set my playstation to 1080i. My projector didn't support 1080p so it wouldn't show any image. I fixed it by resetting the video settings on the PS3 (hold down the power button when turning it back on for 5 seconds), set it up using composite video and then setup the HDMI display again with the correct settings.

Tried all the suggestion here. Thanks guys but unfortunately none of them worked. It's doing my head in now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

Still reckon this is a handshake issue. That amp is 4 years old is that correct? And the TV is new, you are possibly looking at different versions of HDMI HDCP on each end or its a resolution/frame rate issue. Ensure the amp and HDMI 1 (or whatever you are using) is definitely set to pass through. Can you upgrade the firmware on the amp?

• Advertisement
Advertisement