Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham vs West Brom 3/01/2012

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Big big result. Pull away on Liverpool while keeping touch with the Manchester clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Delighted with that result. Can't comment on the performance but we're 3 more points clear of Arsenal and Liverpool, brilliant few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Good 3 points tbh. Harry will need to get the chequebook out with these injuries mounting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Bassong didn't do a thing wrong in all fairness... Niko was shocking when he came on. Lost so much time for Simon Cox... ankle tapped Bale and then laughed in his face when Bale reacted... not nice to see from one pro to another. Could have seriously hurt him!

Anyhow... They parked the bus...we scored...they pushed for draw. Was always gonna play out that way and we held on! Few years back we would have collapsed!

Hopefully none of the injuries were to bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Epic win :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

huge win for us tonight playing well below ourselves, beat wolves and everton at home now and were going to wastelands knowing that a win will take us level with that shower

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Considering all of our subs were forced that was a massive win.
    It's just a shame we hadn't put them out of sight before their resurgence.

Crucial game against Everton next Wednesday! coys!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

So past the 4o mark plan for next season :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Not pretty or good for the heart but man what a finish from JD and an invaluable 3pts. It is these kind of wins that title contenders are made of, ala Utd back when they won all those games 1-0 all those years ago. Thankfully it is over a week until our next league game also, so a reserve team on sat resting Bale Luka Ade Vdv et al is what is called for :). COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I want to see a EL level of team for the FA cup. It's got to be league or bust this year IMHO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

God I thought the final whistle would never come tonight,most nervy finish we had in a while but who cares we got the points,great xmas/new year for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

big 3 points,injuries are mounting as well as players been tired need a rest before GAMES Against Everton and Wolves.
    cant wait to go over for Wolves game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

What a shocking match. So many poor performances, so many misplaced passes - JD (apart from the goal), Ade, Walker, BAE, what happened their passing?

Krancjar was absolutely shocking. If that's how he makes use of 20 minutes on the pitch then he needs to be sold. He actually aided WBA more than us!!

I thought Kaboul was superb again, hardly put a foot wrong, my MOTM. A win is a win in the end, and we keep our run going. Some of them really need a rest though and I hope Ade is nowhere near the pitch on Saturday, along with Modric, Bale, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Massive win but lads need a rest

I hope it reserves at the weekend and all the big guns back for Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Massive win but lads need a rest

I hope it reserves at the weekend and all the big guns back for Everton.

Id have made the changes tonight, as bale modric and a couple more looked very tired, and it was a night for niko, rose etc...

Anyway great fcuking win, onwards and upwards, everton is a MASSIVE game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

"It’s one of those horrible defeats I’m getting quite used to; there have been many of those in my Fulham and even my Liverpool days," he said.

"We’ve come away with the team having played well and taken no points at the end of it.

"I’m looking for one time when we come here and play unbelievably badly, have an incredible amount of good luck and sneak away from here with a victory, but it hasn’t happened yet."

Is the man for real? They came and parked the bus for 80mins until we lost three key players through injury. We had 68% possession overall, 74% in the 1st half.

"It’s one of those horrible defeats I’m getting quite used to; there have been many of those in my Fulham and even my Liverpool days," he said.

"We’ve come away with the team having played well and taken no points at the end of it.

"I’m looking for one time when we come here and play unbelievably badly, have an incredible amount of good luck and sneak away from here with a victory, but it hasn’t happened yet."

Is the man for real? They came and parked the bus for 80mins until we lost three key players through injury. We had 68% possession overall, 74% in the 1st half.
    Unreal,the man is deluded.

Heard that a Spurs fan died of a heart attack at the game tonight.RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Sandro tore his calf and out for a long stint, id reckon 6-8 weeks at best. Gallas also done a calf, at least dawson will be ready to play soon and hopefully king can comeback. A good win but a costly one. I fear we may be paying the price for playing the same eleven for so long. Any word on Parkers injury?

(Not that i think we had any alternative to play the same 11 in the league all the time)

mickman wrote: »
    everything that could go wrong tonight did go wrong.
    a well deserved break this weekend and we will be good to go saturday week after the cup

The biggest thing that could have went wrong was a loss, but we won ;)

Also, we have Everton at the lane next Wednesday mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Only caught the highlights after the City game, from watching those we created several chances especially in the 1st half. West Brom never got out of there half and only managed to create chances after we had scored. Defoe took his goal exceptional well.

Someone said Bassong didn’t make any mistakes? From what I saw of Bassong he made two glaring mistakes which could of cost us. I reckon he has circus music playing in his head nonstop. Injuries are coming thick and fast, Utd are crippled at the moment so I’d expect Newcastle to at least get a draw from tonight

tippspur wrote: »
    Heard that a Spurs fan died of a heart attack at the game tonight.RIP

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/our-condolences.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Only caught the highlights after the City game, from watching those we created several chances especially in the 1st half. West Brom never got out of there half and only managed to create chances after we had scored. Defoe took his goal exceptional well.

Someone said Bassong didn’t make any mistakes? From what I saw of Bassong he made two glaring mistakes which could of cost us. I reckon he has circus music playing in his head nonstop. Injuries are coming thick and fast, Utd are crippled at the moment so I’d expect Newcastle to at least get a draw from tonight

circus music, class!!

Advertisement