Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIP Kristian Anderson

• 02-01-2012 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭

you may remember the video

this is the blog http://howthelightgetsin.net/2010/08/22/days-that-matter/

Sydneysider Kristian Anderson, 35, has been having chemotherapy since he was diagnosed with cancer in October 2009. He made the video for his wife of seven years, Rachel, as a birthday present and a thank-you for her support.

The video features cameos by New Zealand Prime Minister John Key -- since Rachel is a Kiwi -- and Hugh Jackman, who appeared in the video after Kristian asked Triple M's The Grill presenter Gus Worland for help.

The clip had Mr Anderson holding up placards with words of love and support for his wife against the song Marry Me, by Train.

The clip has been viewed more than 65,000 times and even US talkshow queen Oprah Winfrey became a fan.

Winfrey gave the couple $250,000 for medical expenses when she hosted an episode of her show at the Sydney Opera House in January last year.

The recording of the first Australian Oprah Show at Sydney Opera House as part of her Ultimate Australian Adventure, Oprah Winfrey interviews Kristian Anderson. Picture: Alan Pryke
    "I'm not afraid of dying but I am afraid of leaving them behind," he said in early December.

In his last entry on his blog How the light gets in, posted by his wife after his death, Mr Anderson reflected on his battle with cancer.

"The truth being we're all broken, we're all cracked and what so many people see as a fault or a malfunction really is something to be considered useful," he wrote.

"I'm not sure how much longer I have left but it appears that the physical and medical signs are all pointing to my end.

"Thank you for journeying with me this far. I pray you find the same peace I have."

Bowel Cancer Australia spokesman associate professor Graham Newstead said Mr Anderson's battle with bowel cancer touched tens of thousands of people.

"Like many people who in some way shared this young man's journey, those involved with Bowel Cancer Australia are saddened by the death of Kristian Anderson," professor Newstead said in a statement.

"We are however also very grateful to him for his brave and valuable work in raising awareness about bowel cancer."

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement