Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sun Perks

Options
  • 02-01-2012 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Has anybody been colecting vouchers for The Irish Sun Perks to get gifts?
    Did you get them for xmas or are you still waiting?

I thought this would be a great way to get free gifts for my kids,
    BIG MISTAKE :mad:
    For 10 weeks l was collecting vouchers so that l could get 4 gifts for my kids for xmas. The closing date was the 21st of Nov to gurrantee to get the gifts for xmas according to their website
    'Ensure this order form and the correct number of points are received at: Sun Perks, PO Box 29, Colchester, CO2 8GZ on or before 21/11/11 for guaranteed Christmas delivery. Customers in Republic of Ireland please ensure you post to: Sun Perks, Seefin House, Listowel, Co. Kerry'.

So l understood by this, as long the order and the tokens was received in kerry by the 21st, l would get them for xmas.
    As l needed alot of vouchers, l bought 2 papers per day during the 10 weeks

I sent off the vouchers and order form to kerry on 17th nov.
    A month later, in Dec when l didn't get anything, l rang the sun perks and spoke to a male person. He said they didn't get my vouchers until the 29th so l wasn't guarantee to get them for xmas. I tried to explain to him that l did send it off early to kerry in which he replied that the
    order form and the correct number of points was to be received at: Sun Perks, PO Box 29, Colchester, CO2 8GZ on or before 21/11/1. I told him about the website but he was very rude to me and simply wouldn't listen to me. All I wanted to know was would l get the gifts in time as the kids would be very disappointed. 4 days before xmas l did get 2 gifts and last wed l got the 3rd gift and still waiting for the 4th gift!
    It took 12 days for my vouchers and order form to reach the uk sun perks in colchester, even if l did send it earlier it would have made no difference.Maybe l misunderstood the closing date but it does nor say any where on the website for the customer of irish that they should send off theirs to the uk sun perk to ensure that they would get it on time for xmas. The person on the phone was not polite nor was he helpful. The whole lot was very disappointing.
    If The Sun is doing the perks again, l won't be doing it!

Advertisement