Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Bill/Deposit Query

Options
  • 02-01-2012 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

Received my first bill and am a new customer so the deposit is noted - i have paid x amount of the bill already, if i pay the remainder with my laser do i still need to pay deposit? Or will this laser card details suffice.

The more reading I do I am getting more confused!

I know if i set up DD i will not have to pay the deposit, would rather not do this.

Thanks
    Lisacon:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi lisacon,
    lisacon wrote:
    i have paid x amount of the bill already, if i pay the remainder with my laser do i still need to pay deposit? Or will this laser card details suffice.

I realise you would prefer not to pay via direct debit, but unfortunately this is the only way you can avoid paying the deposit. We do not keep your laser card details on file; these are only taken on a per-payment basis.

If you set up a direct debit, this does not necessarily prevent you paying by other means, i.e. standing order, online bank transfer (EFTs) or laser payment (we have an online facility for this here). In other words, it is possible to combine different payment methods. Some customers like to make pre-payments towards their next bill, as this helps them to budget. When the bill does issue, the direct debit would then clear whatever balance remains (if any). Just something to think about if you hadn't considered it.

Note however that your direct debit would still be the primary method of payment, and the full amount stated on the bill would be collected via direct debit unless payment in full is received at least 5 days before the due date on the bill (otherwise the direct debit would be automatically presented to the bank for collection).

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement