Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boot time

Options
  • 02-01-2012 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

windows 7 new build takeing forever to boot,have done chdsk, viruis scans, boot scans, sestym restore,that worked but still takeing forever to get into windows,think it might be this old matxor hard drive, any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

windows 7 new build takeing forever to boot,have done chdsk, viruis scans, boot scans, sestym restore,that worked but still takeing forever to get into windows,think it might be this old matxor hard drive, any ideas

If its slow its because of your hard drive. How old is it? What RPM is it?
    Perhaps get an SSD, I have the Crucial M4 one and it boots up fully in around 10seconds.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

What is taking the most time is it the Windows loading screen itself, or getting as far as that point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭infowars.com

hi guys. its slow from when the black screen with windows7 icon come up i could boil a kettle make a cupa tea and have a smoke before the blue welcom screen come up.the hard drive is old maybe 7 years old

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

hi guys. its slow from when the black screen with windows7 icon come up i could boil a kettle make a cupa tea and have a smoke before the blue welcom screen come up.the hard drive is old maybe 7 years old

Yeah from that point onwards its just Windows loading, so it is almost certainly just the speed of the drive unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭infowars.com

ahh ok i defragded it and its running a lot quite, i have a 4oo gig ide with adpater to sata drive will put windows7 on that when i get a copy of it and an ssd hard drive,

• Advertisement
Advertisement