Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert History Essays?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 hiyakeano

if there's anyone out there doing history in irish i'd be totally up for swapping essays with them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭_pure_mule_

Hi everyone, I have audio A1 standard essays on .. 1. To what extent did the treaty lead to a civil war? 2. Why was the coalraine university decision controversial? 3. How successful were the Irish delegation in achieving their aims at the treaty negotiations? 4. What was the significance of the Eucharistic congress on the new free state? 5. Why did the sunningdale agreement and the power-sharing executive collapse and what was its impact? 6. Why did the apprentice boys marches often lead to trouble between Catholics and Protestants in N.I? Unfortunately I do not have these essays typed up and do not intend spending hours doing so but if anyone wants them I can email them the audio recording! Just drop me a pm:) they are all guaranteed A1 essays! If anyone has any essays on any of the American history I would be greatly appreciative also:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Abcefghijk

Hey guys, if anyone wants to give me their essays, i'd be over the moon! Please private message me! :) thankies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LanaMay94

I have essays for:
    Dictatorship and Democracy:
    -How effective were the internal and external policies of Stalin
    -Why was the Nazi regime anti-Semitic and how did they express this anti-Semitism
    -What were the main characteristics of the Nazi state in Germany
    -What were the reasons for the origins and growth of Fascist regimes

Pursuit of Sovereignty:
    -To what extent did the Anglo Irish Treaty lead the civil war
    -How did Anglo Irish relations develop between 1923 and 1949
    -How did the Cosgrave government establish the Free State on firm footing
    and I'm in the process of writing one on the Eucharistic Congress

also I have ones for Government and Economy 1949-1989, but almost no one studies that topic so I won't go to the bother of typing them all out.
    Anyone can pm me if they'd like any of these essays, I don't care if you copy them. Every one of those I got between 96 and 98 % in so they're trustworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Loststudent

Hi LanaMay,I would be interested in those essays if you don't mind? In return I've A1 standard essays on :

The Eucharsitic Congress
    Cultural Nationalism (GAA and Gaelic League)
    Economic and social problems in Britain and Germany Inter-war period
    Propaganda in Nazi Germany

And also have an A1 40 marks essay on India Independence from Britain

Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 jacko94

Could you pm me them essays LanaMay and loststudent ? be very much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Loststudent

What essays do you have in return Jack?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jacko94

What essays do you have in return Jack?

I can't offer a whole pile I'm afraid, anything I have is off the internet. .:p looking for a dig out,could do with a b1 + in history, only essay I've learned is the anglo irish relations 1923-1949 of leavingcerthistory.net

historys my best subject and laziness kills me,if ive four or five to study I could pull it off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

My teacher used to make us write essays in pairs, when we were finished, she would look at them and add extra info. We used to do this quite a bit an after four or five weeks, you don't feel it till you have 8 or 9 essays ready to use. Useful technique for incoming leaving certs.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Cavan duck buster

By any chance dose anyone have

: British withdrawal from india, 1945-47
    : The secession of Katanga, 1960-65

Essays in ordinary?

I have done them before but i'm only getting pass results from them with my teacher, sense are class is massive (56 students) are teacher doesn't have to get around to all of us so i'm looking for help as i want to do better in my leaving cert.
    I know lads here a quick to judge but i'm looking for help, not trying to cheat.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Whatdo you all have sort of earmarked to come up? I posted mine in the predictions thread a few days ago, basically land reform and lockout, anything on gov of ireland from 22 to 37 and domestic factors affecting us foreign policy, what about you? Also katanga!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

Just wondering lads, what kind of timing and length do you have for your essays? my class is doing;
    .Long Essay Questions: 3 pages 35 mins (5 minutes planning)
    . Document Questions: Q1 6 mins
    Q2 8 mins
    Q3 8 mins
    Q4 20 mins

3 pages? How are your essays structured?

yeah 3 A4 pages. they have an intro around 5 or 6 idea paragraphs and a short enough conclusion. How about yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭icanplaydrums

I was always told to do at least 4A4 pages (intro, 6 paragraphs, and conclusion 1/2 a page each) in 42 mins.

really? we have about a 12 line intro or there abouts and the conclusion is around 7 or 8 lines. can you get 4 pages in the time? Im just about get 3 in the 35 mins

really? we have about a 12 line intro or there abouts and the conclusion is around 7 or 8 lines. can you get 4 pages in the time? Im just about get 3 in the 35 mins

History is the nastiest subject, simply because of the time issue! I got a c1 in the mock but hoping for a b1 in June.. Normally have four pages six paragraphs excluding intro and conclusion.

the timing is a bitch, 3 pages is the most we've done. how long do the 4 pages take you to do?
    my mock was dissapointing aas well i got a B3 and want a B1

Takes about 40 minutes for the essays, only thing consoling me about the mocks is at that stage we'd no documents question studied so the race relations question was very thrown together, quietly confident I'd be able to score much better now, we have a second pre Sunday week so that will tell a lot

good luck so :) that was my best question. te project should bring it up as well. im just doing an essay a night now to get the timing right:(

• Advertisement

I'm still in 5th year atm. If I have an essay well prepared, i can get 4 pages done in 40mins in an exam. But yeah, it does require little time for thinking and planning, it does really have to be on the tip of my tongue, so that might not carry through for me into 6th year, it depends what comes up

ah jaysus, if you can do that and you're in fifth year then i wouldnt be worried at all. Just keep doing what you're doing

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

Although there is a standard you do the history essay at, there is no specific length or number of lines. If you give enough facts in your essays and don't ramble it will come easy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Writing history is so blatantly simple. Say what you are going to say, say it then say you said it. Have a running argument and boom, you have an essay.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

El Spearo wrote: »
    Writing history is so blatantly simple. Say what you are going to say, say it then say you said it. Have a running argument and boom, you have an essay.

Ah Yes, but could you give a coherant answer on the succeses and failures of the Land Wars between 1879 and 1882?!

Not so simple actually.
    Its one thing to write stuff on a page but in history they are ruthless on the Overall engagement with the question (OE) and overall coherance.

Its basically an applied english exam with references to historical events.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

El Spearo wrote: »

Balancing a constant stream of historical facts and a coherent analysis/argument while writing at the speed of light is not 'blatantly simple'. It's considered to be one of the most difficult subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Conchubar94

Kind of off topic lads, but I'm preparing some essays based on what came up in the mocks I have my own DEB one but I dont have the examcraft one just for the one section "Europe And The Wider World Option 2" The one about Europe from 1871-1920 with Bismarck and so on in it, If anyone could tell me what came up in the Examcraft mocks for that topic, that'd be class.

Could anybody help me with essays regarding Women during WW1 and GAA and the IRB if they have sample essays written? I have several essays on Irish and Europe Topic 2 in return

Is everyone just doing Katanga and Race Relations in France for the document? obviously Ill cover India briefly but does anyone reckon it'll come up again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Cora O Mahony

Is everyone just doing Katanga and Race Relations in France for the document? obviously Ill cover India briefly but does anyone reckon it'll come up again

India is tipped by all the grinds schools to come up because it was answered so badly last year.

Advertisement