Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor in Waterford

Options
  • 02-01-2012 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Looking to get early restoration of my license.
    Which is the best solicitor in Waterford I can go to to deal with this for me?

Thanks lads
    :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

John Purcell is who I'm using. Must give him a buzz. Can apply for my license in feb. Best of luck getting it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PeterB11

same as, ill be allowed drive from 1st of feb if i am successful. How much is he charging you?

Not sure yet. I'm up the end of Feb. Well I can apply then anyways.
    Was 200 for him to plead guilty for me haha. Think that's what it was anyways

Good man :) can you pm me his details there please?
    I used pat newell, he was 250 to plead guilty aswel but i dont fancy going to him again.

Cheers Sean :)

PeterB11 wrote: »
    I used pat newell, he was 250 to plead guilty aswel but i dont fancy going to him again.

I don't have them on me now bud but ill pm them late when I find out.
    Should both of us not go to boards beers or was yours a different ban. I got 3 years and 400 fine. Me poor bike was in some state a few weeks ago when I asked two of me mates to check it and bring it for a spin. 220 to get sorted. Nephew was trying to get pretend spin pics on it and busted it taking it out of the garage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Good solicitor pat, might be steep but your in good hands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I honestly could not recomend anyone of them, but would like to start up a new site called"raped by my Solicitor"
    What ya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Sully wrote: »
    Good solicitor pat, might be steep but your in good hands!

+ i.Pat is one of the best.Stay away from Kenny Cunnigham as in my opinion law is like concord to him,way above his head.

Nope mine was a drink driving ban too.. 2 years and a 250 fine. 2/3's is up 1st of feb wanna get to court asap. So apart from Pat who else would be on Par with him, need my license back :(

Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Nope mine was a drink driving ban too.. 2 years and a 250 fine. 2/3's is up 1st of feb wanna get to court asap. So apart from Pat who else would be on Par with him, need my license back :(

Thanks

Any particular reason you don't want to use Pat again? Id have even thought using a solicitor who is familiar with your case and worked on it would be a better bet than someone who isn't.

A lot of people think Pat is very good at what he does, iv heard that from a lot of people over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Have used MJ O'Connor out the Cork road in the past, bang on.

Anyone have experience with a solicitor with actually getting their license back and succeeding though?

Mark Walsh with Peter o Connor and sons is meant to be good?

Experiences please :)

Thanks lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Newell Gillen Cunningham are a great firm in my opinion and Kenny is one of the best solicitors down around these parts. Fiona is great also.

Just me and Pat had a bit of a disagreement and the only information he would have on the case would be I got caught over the limit and got banned and he represented me there that day.

Is Pat really the best in the city? If thats the case I'll have to swallow my pride and see the man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

do you actually need 1 to apply for your licence back, why the hell hire 1 first day out if your pleadin guilty,sum waste.....

I know yeah i should have just went myself to plead guilty but i went to see if there was any technicalities so he went through it and basically said your f*cked so he charged me for that visit and said he would go to court for me too included in the price as i dont live in waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

hilary delahunty of HR delahunty solicitors in johns street will not charge consultation fee,s and is spot on give him a call on 051 844921

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Indo404

Anyone have experience with a solicitor with actually getting their license back and succeeding though?

Mark Walsh with Peter o Connor and sons is meant to be good?

Experiences please :)

Thanks lads

This guy John O'Donohoe www.solicitorwaterford.com does a lot of work in the district Ct in Waterford. Don't know what he charges.

Hr Delahunty is good too.

Advertisement