Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby refusing feeds

• 02-01-2012 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

My son is now 6 and half months old, I started him on spoon feeds about 2 months ago( he was a very hungry baby and bottles werent satisfing him). I kept him on rice and porridge for about a month and the started him on a second feed of one of the dinner jars. He took them ok until about 2 weeks ago and now he refuses everything except the jars of baby rice or baby porridge. Ive tried everything Ive home cooked sweet potatoes and veg, pureed banana mixed with baby milk and he just wont take them.
    Im worried in case he isnt getting enough any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

How many solid feeds a day is he getting? How many formula feeds, and how many ounces?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rosedust84

sorry, hes getting 2 solid feeds and he was starting to take the carrot sticks but not fussed on them now either. Hes on 9 oz aptimal hungry either 5 or 6 bottles in the 24 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

He could be teething. My son goes off solids when his gums are sore. If he's having 5-6 bottles in 24 hours then I wouldn't worry too much. I stick by the motto that food is fun until one so milk (formula or breast) is their main source of nutrition.

Keep offering him solids but don't stress about it (easier said than done i know!) as he's getting his nutrition from his milk.

Advertisement