Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Daniel and Andrew Hair Designers Rahmines - anyone use them?

• 02-01-2012 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Trying to find a review of this salon but haven't been able to.
    There is a great deal going on Dublincard that I've bought.

Any info/reviews would be appreciated.

Happy New Year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

I got a deal from them before off LivingSocial for a colour, cut and intense conditioning treatment.

I thought they were quite good. Gave me what I asked for and blended the colours really nicely. I'd had a couple experiences before trying them of getting my roots down and not feeling like they'd been done well at all, could still notice I was darker at the root (and I'm very fair light brown dyed a to golden blonde, so it really shouldn't have been a problem). But the girl in there actually noticed that unusually my hair took a lot longer than most to take to the dye and left it till she felt it had done the job and sure enough it was the first time in a while I felt I'd had my roots done well!

As for the cut I really didn't get much done, only a slight trim so can't really tell you much about that.

The intense L'Oreal conditioning was only one of their hair masks left on for a couple minutes - was glad I hadn't paid full price for it cause I would have felt completely cheated! But since it was on such a cheap deal I didn't mind. But it's definitely not much a treatment, you can give yourself just as good at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭LuckyMe63

Thanks shoos - can you remember the name of the girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

Sorry, it was a long time ago! She was the only girl in there at the time though. Short hair, just longer than her jaw and poker straight... if that helps! And reddish colour I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

LuckyMe, have you used your voucher yet? How did you find them? Were highlights included with the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

I used them 2 weeks ago ahead of my dad's retirement party (using the livingsocial voucher they had back in December) and I have to say I thought they were really good.

I had a super long wait, 11am appointment was closer to 11.45 by the time they got to me. But I was offered tea and coffee on numerous occasions and the staff were apologetic.

Once the appointment got going, it was great. The girl who took me asked me questions about my hair colour and brought out the book. The shade she gave me was bang on my own colour (I'd gotten my hair done in January somewhere else and the shade was a teensy bit brighter). I agree the treatment was a bit of a non event but she blow dried my hair beautifully, gave me a great trim. The only real complaint that I have is she cut my fringe a bit short, not ridic short but shorter than I wanted (but then again I'm a complete fusspot about my fringe!!)

I hope that helps you make up your mind. Good place, just bring a book for the wait

EDIT: Also, the deal is for a colour, not highlights. That's the reason I got the voucher, my brother's girlfriend bought the voucher by accident thinking it would cover highlights but it didn't and she gave it to me

• Advertisement
Advertisement