Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A large selection of men`s clothes in Carlow ?

Options
  • 02-01-2012 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Does anyone know anywhere in Carlow that has a large and reasonably priced selection of men`s clothes ?

I used to go into Penny`s, from time to time they often had nice jackets and the jeans are reasonably priced. But I went in recently after having not dropped by in a good while, and the men`s section that used to be a a strip on the left and the entire bottom left, is now just a small bit of the left corner the whole strip and some of the corner are now also added to the women`s section and what is left of the men`s section was just hoodies and such that doesn`t interest me.

Sports world and Heaton`s do have some reasonably priced stuff from time to time and I now pick up a good bit of stuff there, but they just don`t have the kind of classy looking, but cheap jackets that Penny`s used to have in years past before the mens section shrunk.

Has anyone shopped for mens clothes in Dunnes in GraigueCullen? or can anyone recommend any other shops that have a large reasonably priced selection of men`s clothes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Couple of questions ... :)

What is your budget?
    Is there a specific item you are looking for?
    Is there a specific style you want/are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Try TK Max in KK or portlaoise. they normally have a good range of jackets etc at decent prices.

Not sure how they would compete with Pennys prices but I remember buying some Pennys stuff years back which really did not stand up to much wear and tear. TK Max can offer good prices for great quality in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Haddens maybe. Sometimes they have nice clothes in the Burton section. They would be more expensive than Penneys but the quality would be better too, and there's probably a sale on at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

Shaw's in Tullow St has a good-sized men's depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 waytoowarm

i like dunnes and the jean sceen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 DHennessy

i would say you went to penneys at a bad time. everything sold out at christmas. there was a very big collection of mens clothes up to the week before christmas anyway. loads of jackets, jeans, chinos, tshirts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Shaw's in Tullow St has a good-sized men's depth.

I was going to say Shaw's also but it is really dependent on budget and taste as to whether it is even worth considering going into them

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Hazard_328

Mix'n Match....College St?

For your latest in Durable German Military uniforms.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hazard_328 wrote: »
    Mix'n Match....College St?

For your latest in Durable German Military uniforms.....
    Thought that place closed years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Hazard_328

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Thought that place closed years ago?

Duhh :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement