Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV Kilkenny

Options
  • 02-01-2012 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hey I was in MacDonagh Junction earlier today and heard a security guy talking to his friend and saying that HMV where leaving the centre. I am wondering if anybody has heard anything more concrete.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

On the news before christmas that the group was seriously in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

mousehouse wrote: »
    Hey I was in MacDonagh Junction earlier today and heard a security guy talking to his friend and saying that HMV where leaving the centre. I am wondering if anybody has heard anything more concrete.

Yeah I heard Cemex (AKA Readymix) in Dunmore is also closing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

HMV are closing loads of stores as the company that own them is pretty much going out of business, concentrating on larger shops and those in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Yeah I heard Cemex (AKA Readymix) in Dunmore is also closing down.

Boom Boom!!!!! but for one oclock in the morning you should be applauded for that gag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bankai

This rumour comes round since they opened they seem to be the most popular store in macdonagh i'd wait until a proper announcement is made not go on some hearsay by a security guard who may not know all the facts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

As a result of the warning and my lad eing given a gift voucher we shot down to Macdonough this afternoon.
    According to the staff it is only a rumour, they seem to think their jobs are safe.
    Naturally it cost me to spend the gift voucher, but better to be safe than sorry.
    The girls in Barratts said thwey had no idea what was happening, he company that owns the chain haS GONE. MANY THANKS FOXY

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

This sort of horse manure has a real effect on business.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Fair play it was worth saying, we could have lost out, there was a good bit about the company before Christmas, I personaly was grateful to be alerted.
    It is nice to belong a community, as always my thanks to all concered regards Foxy:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Fair play it was worth saying, we could have lost out, there was a good bit about the company before Christmas, I personaly was grateful to be alerted.
    It is nice to belong a community, as always my thanks to all concered regards Foxy:)

What were the source of these?

Well the originator was mousehouse, but the pre christmas was Google News, to be honest we went to TK Max before Christmas and I was surprised to see HMV still there.
    We are living in difficult times and I can see very little improvement for some time to come. Regards and thanks for caring Foxy

• Advertisement

Well the originator was mousehouse, but the pre christmas was Google News, to be honest we went to TK Max before Christmas and I was surprised to see HMV still there.
    We are living in difficult times and I can see very little improvement for some time to come. Regards and thanks for caring Foxy

I know about them announcing a year ago about closures but I've been in the rumor situation before and it's not fair to speculate, adding concern to the people working there.

Dear Captain Havoc
    I understand your concern, however I am of the opinion mousehouse overheard a conversation and acted accordingly, rightly or wrongly.
    I think you are being hard in your criticism as it was done for the best intention's.
    There has been a lort of speculation regarding the group, I must check out the seqence of news events.
    However I bow to your superior knowledge on such matter's and as always thank you for your assistance.
    Regards Foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kalinda

If they only answered their phone, they might do more business! Have rang them many times to check they stock something before I travelled, including this morning, and the phone rings out! I always end up going elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

i think (personally) they are losing out to internet based retailers. also their pricing is sometimes bizarre- i remember seeing a boxset for 20 euro (regular price, no special offer sticker or anything) and went in a bit closer to christmas and the sticker had been replaced with another "regular price" sticker for €44.99. it can be got on the net for around the 20 euro mark so i know id be buying the net one after seeing that price hike

Advertisement