Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company support and performance comparisons

Options
  • 02-01-2012 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Is there anywhere that one could obtain up to date information on a companys performance with regards to provision of the product and support assistance?

For example, I am very close to signing up to UPC, but I would like to see (Independently) the average speed achieved, amount of times an outage occurs, the average wait time when calling customer support and the average customer satisfaction?

I hate nothing more than agreeing a contract with a company and then not getting it or having to wait an hour to get through to them to talk about it!

Thanks
    irish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

SamKnows is an initiative to get the first 2 metrics you asked for, but they're only just beginning to get off the ground now, so there's no information as yet. I doubt (unfortunately) there's anything monitoring average wait time, but I can personally tell you it's far better than it used to be (2+ hours), and now sits somewhere around the 5-10 minute mark, in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Thanks Snappie.
    That actually looks good. I'd support it provided it remained independent. Looks good for broadband but I am thinking more far reaching. Somewhere customers could log information on all service providers.
    As for the other two metrics, I would love to see something similar setup where customers could log incidences of wait times with a service provider or if there was provision with different regulatory bodies to provide the wait time and customer satisfaction numbers publicly.

Advertisement